Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Department: Internal Audit
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job ID: 9694
Hours of Work: 8 - 5 Monday to Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
1. Perform routine operational, compliance and financial Audits under the general supervision of senior Audit staff.
2. Assist in the evaluation of the adequacy of controls for the Bank’s processes and document the results of the review.
3. Demonstrate the ability to utilize analytical methods to see potential anomalies in data or potential areas for process improvement.
4. Review and apply Bank policy to actual activities performed by Bank employees.
5. Use analytical procedures to determine employee compliance with regulatory and Bank policy.
6. Evaluate controls for effectiveness and test to determine whether or not controls are functioning as intended.
7. If findings are noted, the Internal Auditor I is expected to clearly communicate what was observed (the condition), the effect of the condition, the cause of the condition and recommend solutions to correct the condition to Audit Management.
8. Assist in designing the audit scope and testing programs for selected audits.
9. The Internal Auditor I is expected to manage sections of an assigned project and will coordinate Audit planning, monitor performance against budget, meet expected milestones, and inform the Project Lead of issues that may impact audit performance or deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Business Management with a minor in Accounting with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better is required. Professional experience of at least one year of auditing (internal or external) in a bank environment or have equivalent analytical experience is preferred, but not required. The individual should also have an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and a working knowledge of basic audit standards, procedures, and techniques required to perform internal audits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.