Education Required: High School Diploma
Department: AZ Bank-Litchfield & Indian School
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job ID: 9681
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week to include weekend shifts
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
This position has responsibilities as both a Teller and a Personal Banker. Incumbent must efficiently process a variety of customer transactions, generate business and deepen relationships by selling products and services to potential and existing customers. Responsibilities include providing high quality customer service while achieving sales goals and supporting other banking center staff as needed.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting customers and facilitating a welcoming and customer-focused environment.
- Processing customer transactions efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and adhering to internal controls and procedures.
- Selling financial products (e.g. Credit Cards, CD's IRA's, Loans).
- Opening deposit accounts and taking loan applications.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns and creating positive solutions.
- Recognizing and referring cross-sell opportunities.
- Performing daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Interviewing and processing consumer loan/credit line requests for customers, and obtaining referrals from loan customers.
- Quoting rates, terms and programs for loan customer requests.
- Supporting other sales associates as needed.
*This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be all- inclusive and is subject to change, as needed, for the purpose of operational efficiency.
- Minimum of one year successful sales experience in an incentive-driven environment or an environment with defined goals and accountabilities which you met or exceeded.
- Minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience in a retail sales environment and/or previous banking
- Excellent client-service skills, including oral and written communication with exceptional influencing skills.
- Ability to generate new business through outbound calls and reaching out into the local community. Skilled in optimizing sales opportunities with existing and walk-in customers.
- Entrepreneurial, ownership-oriented mindset
- Careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to derive innovative solutions.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with customers; demonstrate confidence in dealing with his/her peers.
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strong computer skills.
- Friendly, outgoing, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic personality.
- Successful sales record in a retail banking environment
- Extensive knowledge of bank services and products.
- Ability to promote sales of credit and loan service and completing credit and loan documentation.
- Demonstrated leadership and assertiveness
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written Spanish) skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitivemotion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
MidFirst banking centers' hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Candidates must be available to work weekend hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.