Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Department: OK Real Estate
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Job ID: 9652
Hours of Work: 40
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
This position is primarily responsible for the Oklahoma corporate real estate construction process, which includes planning and implementation within budgets and schedules that effectively meets the bank’s needs. Directs and coordinates administration of assigned real estate projects including space planning, capital expenditures, construction and remodels; directs the design for construction and/or remodeling of the assigned Real Estate projects and oversees the administration of outside contracts for architectural, engineering, space planning and construction services; directs operations for relocations, renovations, space analysis and strategic space plan; assists in the annual evaluation and budgeting for future capital expenditures. A wide degree of creativity is expected. This position reports to the Director of Real Estate Development.
1. NEW CONSTRUCTION/REMODEL PROJECTS: Oversees and directs construction management. Communicates directly with contractors & vendors concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Oversees and directs construction management and the internal departments required to support the project.
2. VENDOR MANAGEMENT: Assists in the preparation, review, and administration of contractual proposals relating to construction & remodel projects. Responsible for preparing bids and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, manpower, or other construction services and equipment procurement. Secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard company procedures are followed.
3. SPACE PLANNING: Supports Banks need for office space by analyzing space usage and developing long range space strategies based on the banks projected growth. Provides space planning for new and existing furniture. Makes project site visits to obtain measurements, to verify architectural drawings, and meet with clients to determine needs as necessary.
4. PROTOTYPICAL BRANCH DESIGN: Assist with the development of the Bank's prototypical banking centers. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to optimize the branch design in terms of cost, construction time, and aesthetic characteristics.
5. GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Prepare reports, budget summaries, schedules for both formal and informal reports to senior management as necessary to convey project status and work load activities.
6. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
1. Work requires excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with employees and managers including development of presentation documents including graphs, 3D renderings, and plans.
2. Extensive experience with general building construction, space planning and general property management.
3. Computer skills required:
a. Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and MS PowerPoint
b. Proficiency in Sketchup, AutoCAD, and MS Access desired
c. Basic accounting skills utilizing MS Excel to track project costs vs. budget.
1. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Generally this job would be performed in a normal office environment. It will also require periodic construction site inspections within existing buildings and new construction.
2. TRAVEL: This job will require travel to the job sites which could be located anywhere within the state of Oklahoma. Occasional out of state travel may be required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in the field.
2. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
3. Proven ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
4. Perform a variety of tasks.
5. Lead and direct the work of others.
6. Must have a high degree of creativity, organization and follow through.
An essential duty of this position is driving a vehicle. Employees working in this position must be in compliance with MidFirst Bank’s Vehicle Use Policy (“Policy”).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.