Talent Development Director
The Director, Talent Development contributes to defining and implementing a leadership and transition management strategy which aligns to SVB’s vision and strategic imperatives. We are seeking an individual who can deliver multiple leadership development solutions and lead organizational transition strategies.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Talent Development, this person will manage specific areas within the talent development organization while working collaboratively across HR and the business to support goals for global leadership development, engagement and retention, performance management and succession planning. We are looking for someone who has the ability to blend the best external resources with internally developed and man-aged programs to create cutting-edge talent development and transition leadership experience that is uniquely Silicon Valley Bank.
The position is located in Tempe AZ.
• Designs and develops our global leadership development strategy
• Designs and develops our performance and succession management strategy
• Provides direct support and coaching to all levels of managers as they help their direct reports through transitions
• Supports projects teams in integrating transition management activities into their project plans
• Identifies and analyzes human and organizational risk and prepares risk mitigation plans/tactics
• Conducts organization effectiveness assessments and uses data to provide consultation on interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state; assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Transfers knowledge to HR and the business to facilitate capacity building and sustained behavior change
• Fosters strong lines of communication and partnership with the business and HR Business Partners
• Develops, designs and implements transition management strategies, plans and materials supporting SVB’s transformation initiatives
• Oversees the Transformation communication strategy and development of supporting communications materials (e.g. internal presentation materials, training documents, newsletters, talking points, guidelines, FAQs)
• Builds SVB’s leadership capability through leading the delivery of formal training events, SVB specific tools and active coaching of HR and managers
Skills and Requirements:Requires a BA/BS in Organizational Development, Management, HR Development or related field.
5-7 years of experience in organizational effectiveness, process improvement or organizational design.
5-7 years proven experience in designing and implementing leadership learning strategies and programs across a global organization.
Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and lead by influence, coupled with the ability to identify and support an organization’s culture and priorities.
The ability to think strategically, analyze critically, as well as manage the hands-on execution of projects and programs.
Experience building collaborative and strategic partnerships with human resources business partners and department leaders.
Demonstrated awareness of best practices and passion for innovative approaches to learning.
External consulting experience preferred.
Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
Experience with large-scale business transformation and transition management.
Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
Strong consultative and diagnostic skills.
Ability to travel 30% may be required.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB