For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support to the Senior Managers , to the UK Business and the wider administrative team reporting to the Administration Manager. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Heavy scheduling/calendaring meetings across time zones and providing planning support, briefing papers and research to support calendar commitments.
• Completing and submitting expenses and invoices in a timely manner.
• Coordinating logistics, scheduling and booking travel, conferences, internal and external events.
• Providing administrative on-boarding for new employees.
• Maintaining filing systems including helping to maintain the office Intranet site.
• Collaborating with the UK Administrative Assistants to ensure sufficient cover/overflow; Administrative Assistants across geographies and businesses; and external parties (VC’s, clients, vendors etc.).
• General duties within the administrative team.
• Answering phones and relaying messages/information.
• Reception cover, as required, on a rotational basis.
• Assisting with presentations and financial data formats and typing/proofreading correspondence.
Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB