Reporting to the Head of Multi-Channel Marketing, the Director, Field and Events Marketing will manage a team of marketers responsible both for field marketing work as well as our broader event team. This individual will be responsible for building a strategic bridge between our corporate marketing team and the growing needs of the market offices. He/she will represent the full marketing value proposition to the field offices and, working in close partnership with the team, create operational marketing plans that provide a blueprint for shared success. This role also requires representing the marketing needs of the field back to corporate for informing future strategies and plans, and driving flawless execution of market specific efforts. The leader will work closely with the Event Marketing team to create a broader vision for events – integrate events into field plans, build out a broader content strategy and measurement methodology to maximize our investments/understand impact, and manage resources to scale a growing area of our business.
• Build important marketing relationships with field executives and become immersed in their goals and objectives, as well as develop a deep understanding of corporate business plans.
• Lead team to create marketing operational plans by region that support both the corporate objectives as well as unique market needs, gain alignment and buy-in for these plans
• Flawlessly execute in a manner that allows for ongoing connectivity between field executives and corporate marketing leadership, adjust based on business demands, evaluate and determine team impact and drive a continuous improvement culture.
• Align closely with other key internal marketing stakeholders within the Multi-Channel Marketing as well as broader Marketing stakeholders across Brand, PR, and Infrastructure, to represent a unified marketing face to the field organization.
• Drive event strategy as it pertains to content strategy (in partnership with MCM leader and MLT leadership) as well as build an event measurement methodology to understand business impact
• Standardize an events executional strategy that incorporates both events team and group of AE dispersed within the organization – standard process for which events are managed by both constituents, development of “in a box” assets for deployment, ongoing training and learning, etc
• Mentor and grow a team of field marketing and event professionals
• Lead important business wide engagements such as creation of sales enablement tools for client engagement
• Manage team budgets so that all work is delivered at the estimated cost.
Skills and Requirements:• 15+ years of experience leading field marketing teams and able to successfully build executive relationships that span both the field and corporate office objectives.
• Demonstrated ability working with C Suite and/or Senior Management levels to influence and chart a common purpose.
• Supreme comfort working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where stakeholder and business needs continually shift. Ability to adjust accordingly as well as manage through ambiguity and change.
• 5+ years of experience building operational marketing plans as well as flawlessly executing in a manner that materially and quantifiably moves the business forward.
• Exceedingly high business EQ.
• Strong influence management and shaping skills in order to chart a course that will support internal constituents with varying needs and objectives.
• Experience driving impactful business change while also exceeding all key metrics and objectives.
• Strong management abilities, have successfully built out team charters in a field environment, created a positive and winning team culture, able to empower while also drive organizational objectives and goals
• 5 years of experience working in the events channel, a track record of driving client related events and an understanding/POV about how to evaluate business impact from this channel; as well as curating content accordingly.
• Compelling marketing background spanning multiple marketing channels, specifically digital
• Agility to see alternate possibilities and scenarios
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior leaders
• 5+ years of experience at the Director level leading multi-functional groups who are geographically dispersed
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB