Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business
Join the SVB team and help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
Under limited/minimal supervision, and using established department guidelines to fulfill the duties of branch operations and client support you will perform operational tasks, act as a resource for internal and external clients, provide support for other staff as needed and demonstrate competency with following instructions and multi-tasking. Works on a variety of assignments that are moderately complex in nature that may require specialized banking knowledge or expertise. Ability to explain complex operational terms in understandable language. Deep understanding of the SLAs of the various departments. Looking for someone with flexible work hours and willing to travel between our Sand Hill and PA Square branch offices to include some travel to our headquarters in Santa Clara.
Activities include daily client interaction, either by phone or email channel based, requiring problem-solving skills, identifying escalation path and/or client research (operational or transactional based). Responsible for ensuring every interaction is in client’s best interest evened with the banks best interest. Accountable for follow up of client issues as agreed upon in timeline. Accountable to complete branch operation functions efficiently while ensuring all SLA’s are met that include teller daily reports, monthly, semi and annually certifications.
- Accountable for back office operational decisions for items including but not limited to loan advances/payments, negative and mhold wires, signature verifications and service-related research, cash and coin requests and courier deposits. Provide counsel to members of team and consultative sales team on client best practices.
- Process deposits, courier bags, withdrawals, cash checks and other similar teller duties.
- Order cash, process change orders, prepare cash shipments and balance vault
- Answer phones, process research requests, respond to email request from external and internal clients; deposit/check cashing verification and may provide approval for other peers.
- Prepare monthly certifications each month as well as complete compliance training.
- Pull reports and process disposition; respond to NSF notices for wires, checks, FX purchases; signature and check verification dispositions; process fee reversals, Process mail, payments, check orders.
- Process paperwork for new accounts, close accounts, account updates, online banking enrollment and maintenance, products and services setup and maintenance; product and services training.
Skills and Requirements:- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of banking experience
- Able to work with the public in a pleasant, enthusiastic, respectful manner and project a professional image. Have an open mind to changes within the organization; effective listening skills. Can work independently.
- Strong mathematical skills, dedication to quality service, good verbal and written skills, computer skills, good problem solving skills, effective listening skills, and the ability to multi-task.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB