Join a bank like no other: SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business. Join the SVB team and help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals, as well as C-level executives from all the businesses SVB serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable and caring bankers and a high level of customer service. The Private Bank is experiencing substantial growth. In addition to banking, wealth advisory, and custom lending solutions, mortgage lending is an essential component of our offerings.
The Senior Mortgage Lender (SML) will join a team of Mortgage Lenders that are aligned to support the clients of the Private Bank Relationship Managers. As the SML, you will be the point person on all mortgage lending opportunities arising from the client/prospect outreach efforts by Relationship Managers. You will ensure and execute a high-touch, exceptional client experience from the initial mortgage program discussion through closing. You will work closely with Mortgage Loan Coordinators who will partner with you on all your transactions. You may also work with eligible SVB employees seeking mortgages through SVB’s home ownership program. Your impact and success in this position will be gauged by the level of client satisfaction derived from services provided.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Relationship Managers of the Private Bank to ensure a first rate mortgage/HELOC experience for all clients
• Assess borrower's circumstances and structure loans per borrower’s needs
• Take mortgage applications from clients and make recommendations to clients re: alternatives available
• Partner with Mortgage Loan Coordinators in submitting applications via the loan origination system, collecting documents from clients, satisfying all loan conditions and coordinating closings
• Mentor Mortgage Loan Coordinators as needed
• Understand underwriting criteria and documentation processes
• For Employee loans, work closely with Senior Credit Officers for underwriting and approvals
• Review credit decisions with clients, including terms and conditions of loan approvals
• Proactively update clients throughout the process
• Communicate with other relevant parties (i.e., title company, realtors) until loan is funded and recorded
Skills and Requirements:The ideal candidate will bring meaningful experience in mortgage lending (5-10 years) in a private bank environment, a strong grasp of mortgage regulatory requirements, the capacity to support multiple transactions at a time, and ability to collaborate effectively with Relationship Managers, mortgage operations, underwriters, and credit officers.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct mortgage brokerage experience
• Previous Private Banking experience working with high net worth borrowers desired
• Outstanding knowledge of all applicable real estate regulations and track record of compliance
• Self-motivator with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented and organized with a sense of pride in their work
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment and think "outside of the box"
• Excellent phone skills, writing skills and professional attitude
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professionalism and diplomacy with clients and co-workers
• A passion for delivering high-level client service
• Team player
• Strong computer skills required: Windows XP, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB