The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals, as well as C-level executives from all the businesses SVB serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable and caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
The Associate will have the rewarding opportunity to contribute to the success of the Private Bank by engaging in the following: Within a specific geographic region, the Associate is responsible for supporting servicing, client banking, planning and investment advisory needs for SVB Private Bank. The Associate works mostly internally to serve as a client advocate and supports detailed and current knowledge of client relationships and investment needs such as investment constraints, liquidity needs, future financing scenarios, investment policy compliance, and various market related events and potential impacts to the clients/portfolios. Assists in developing the team's client relationships with the oversight of the Private Banking, Wealth Advisory, and RM leadership.
Major responsibilities of the position are:
- Demonstrates the ability to present wealth management service and administrative paperwork and process as a one stop registered investment advisor.
- Alongside Relationship Managers, participates in the client profile and data aggregation processes, and creates client profiles to fulfill client onboarding account paperwork. Provides ongoing service and administrative maintenance to client relationships.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and lending parameters.
- Provide credit underwriting support to RMs by assisting in underwriting credit proposals and analyzing personal financial statements/tax returns with a high appreciation for attention to detail. Develop knowledge that will allow effective basic underwriting skills for high net worth individuals who are synergistic to our business models.
- Effectively manage loan documentation process by facilitating the loan credit documentation and booking process
- Interact with all sectors of SVB with emphases toward the SVB venture capital related banking teams.
- Assure credit files comply with SVB policies and procedures; assure high quality of service to existing accounts.
- Strive for proficiency in understanding all of the Wealth Advisory and Private Banking products and services.
- Manage a variety of analytical report requests and compliance mandates.
- Supportive account service/management related outreach to clients.
The Associate will work under the supervision of the President, Wealth Advisory, CCO of Wealth Advisory and the credit and sales leadership of Private Banking.
#LI-TR1Skills and Requirements:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 1-3 years of related experience in investments, service, sales and credit. Registration as an Investment Advisor Representative is preferred but not required.
Basic credit analysis, accounting, math and comprehension of macroeconomic principals.
Desire to become an individual contributor as a part of a larger group; collaboration and strong communication skills are needed in this role.
Completion of relevant credit training encouraged.
Integrity and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills. Proactive and anticipates situations and positive solutions. Curiosity to understand clients.
Able to quickly adapt and acquire working knowledge of bank operations, products and compliance. Understanding and effectiveness with CRM desired.
Solid financial planning, operational process, credit analysis and accounting skills. Strong knowledge and application of credit policies and risk ratings.
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Solid marketing abilities and desire to be on a team.
Desire to work closely with the venture, private equity and startup community with financial planning, banking and investment management services.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB