Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
The Relationship Advisor is the primary bank advisor for an assigned portfolio of clients in addition to providing support within a Relationship Advisor Team. This role manages and addresses client service issues, provides insight and guidance related to accounts and services, and addresses client needs in partnership with internal experts. The Relationship Advisor assists with building and nurturing the relationships with key clients to increase SVB product awareness, penetration and counter competitive activity.
• Assist with onboarding of new relationships by gathering and validating all relevant legal documentation to adhere to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering and other banking regulations for new and existing relationships
• Prepare necessary bank documents and establish client records
• Monitor and may participate in product implementation trainings
• Reinforce and educate clients of available self-service tools
• Provide ongoing advice and support to clients on all activity related to client accounts, including assessing risk related transactions, incident/campaign related client outreach, assisting clients with fraud mitigation, managing cash flow, and/or other daily bank operational needs
• Provide client support for complex product or service issues
• Regularly engage in interactions with clients/prospects to determine potential client process improvement or sales referral opportunities
• Assist in client meetings and adhere to pre-call planning and post-call practices
• Identify opportunities as a result of client interactions with Service Advisor or product team to further influence the positive outcome of the client experience.
• Maintain information in contact management systems to document all client interactions and feedback obtained
• Provide records for performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts/referral opportunities
• May participate in local community events to promote SVB brand awareness.
• Identify and champion ideas that will build efficiencies and enhance the client experience
Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years of related professional experience (consultative sales professional or advisor in financial services) or 5+ years of overall experience
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent analytical skills, capable of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to develop strong positive relationship with external clients and internal colleagues
• Demonstrated client relationship building experience and/or client support in financial and credit related products is required
• Knowledge of commercial bank deposit and cash management services
• Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to deepen knowledge
• Works collectively with team members who are remotely located
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB