Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join the SVB team and help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
SVB is publicly traded on NASDAQ and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, the heart of Silicon Valley. SVB expanded into Europe in 2004 when it opened a Representative Office in London. This has now grow into a full service commercial banking branch serving the UK innovation and venture capital ecosystem. Silicon Valley Bank is now expanding into Continental Europe and has applied to open a banking branch in Frankfurt. The Frankfurt branch will be focused on the German technology, venture capital and private equity industry. It will only focus on debt products to begin with.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasize its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
The Associate will be required to prepare analytical work and projections and loan proposals on a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates and venture capital and private equity firms.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial analysis, structuring and management of debt relationships with client and prospect companies. As part of a small but dynamic team, the Associate supports loan growth, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with Relationship Managers. As an Associate, you are a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour. You should be able to “crunch the numbers” one minute and critically think through business issues the next.
Responsibilities will include:
• Portfolio management; monitor an assigned portfolio of debt clients.
• Collect, analyse and report on the financial performance of client companies and ensure
• Contact clients directly to resolve compliance related questions and day-to-day operational
• Review collateral and other assets to assess portfolio risk
• Ensure credit documentation and compliance requirements are met.
• Support the structuring of new debt facilities for prospect companies
• Assist in the underwriting of credits; analysing financial statements and preparing the due
diligence approval package for new loan facilities and modifications.
• Facilitate the booking process, and assure credit files comply with SVB policies and
• Understand and have the ability to cross sell SVB’s banking platform in other markets.
• Assist in client funding requests.
Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
• Commercial banking, financial analysis, research or related experience.
• General financial analysis skills and the ability to read and understand financial statements.
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to work cross-culturally and interface well with colleagues in the UK and USA.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB