SVB Financial Group provides diversified financial services to emerging, growth and established technology companies and the life science and venture capital/private equity. Through its focus on these specialised markets and its extensive knowledge of the people and business issues driving them, Silicon Valley Bank provides a level of service and partnership that measurably impacts its clients' success. It is recognised as the leading financial institution in the global technology and VC/PE industry.
SVB provides unique and flexible financial solutions to the most innovative and entrepreneurial companies worldwide. SVB has approximately 2,200+ employees, $44 billion in assets, and 32 offices serving entrepreneurs around the world – 28 in the United States, and 4 outside the United States (in London, U.K.; Herzliya, Israel; and Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, China)
SVB has built a culture based on four core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven and dedicated. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s focus on technology companies and the private equity/venture capital firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its growth strategy, both domestically and internationally, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
The HK-based Private Equity Finance and Banking team manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with Venture Capital and Private Equity firms in Asia. The team is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for prospect funds and management companies. It covers a broad range of transactions and underlying investment thesis - Venture Capital, Buyout, Emerging Markets, Secondaries, Fund of Funds, etc. and is a fast-growing part of the bank.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial analysis, structuring and management of debt relationships with client and prospect funds and companies. As part of a small but dynamic team, the Associate supports loan growth, portfolio management, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with senior team members. As an Associate, you are a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour. You should be able to “crunch the numbers” one minute and critically think through business issues and complex legal documentation the next.
• Portfolio management; monitors an assigned portfolio of debt clients.
• Collects, analyses and reports on the financial performance of funds and companies and ensure covenant compliance.
• Contacts clients directly to resolve compliance related questions and day-to-day operational inquiries
• Reviews collateral and other assets to assess portfolio risk
• Ensure credit documentation and compliance requirements are met.
• Supports the structuring of new debt facilities for prospect funds and companies.
• Assists in the underwriting of credits; analysing financial statements and preparing the due diligence approval
package for new loan facilities and modifications.
• Facilitates the booking process, and assure credit files comply with SVB policies and procedures.
• Understand and have the ability to cross sell SVB’s banking platform with respect to non-debt products (day to day banking, FX etc.)
• Assists the VP(s) in day to day clients’ request and relationship maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
• Commercial banking, venture capital, private equity, financial analysis, research or related experience is preferred.
• Team work player.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong computer skills – excel, PowerPoint and word.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Proficiency in Mandarin, English and Cantonese is required.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB