Come join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
The IT Finance team is looking for a Senior I.T. Systems Analyst. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for serving as a liaison with the business owners to lead and facilitate the elicitation and prioritization of business requirements including but not limited to 3rd party vendor interface design, user interface specifications and report design.
- Communicates status, prioritizes requirements, influences and obtains approval for requirement documentation.
- Manage and coordinate the initial assessment, analysis, requirements, development, testing and implementation of incremental enhancements/change requests and other minor releases for our Finance systems and processes.
- Project manage and perform the business systems analysis work associated with change requests, projects, assessments and escalated issues.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to ensure efforts are synchronized and coordinated as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for managing assignments with a matrixed set of SME resources from business and IT.
- Expected to guide and recommend process and system solutions to business owners.
- Lead and conduct functional business reviews with stakeholders, document business requirements, analyze issues and present and recommend business solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs.
- Work closely with members of IT, Accounting and Finance teams.
- Responsible for advanced business process and system analysis, research and problem solving skills to define innovative technology solutions in cooperation with stakeholders, third party vendors and project team to meet business objectives.
- This role will drive functional/technical requirements and systems analysis for Financial, Regulatory and External Reporting systems for Finance teams.
- Partners with internal IT business leaders, colleagues, vendors and other stakeholders to identify information and process requirements, gaps in existing capabilities and defines opportunities to build systems based on current and future application platforms (e.g. Risk based profitability RAROC, Warrants, Regulatory Reporting tool etc.) that improve the business processes and accelerate critical business strategies.
- Mentorship on an as-needed basis.
- Familiar and conversant with accounting and financial standards and Banking industry practices.
- In-depth accounting and finance knowledge and can provide thought leadership in the development of process and systems.
- Able to comprehend complex business requirements and translate the requirements to a functional system design document under the guidelines of SVB's SDLC documentation framework.
- System/solution design and the skills to propose several alternatives in solving a problem.
- Solid written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are mandatory, along with an orientation to detail and deadlines.
- Must be able to work in iterative phases of systems analysis and data analysis.
- Possesses exceptional client management skills. Ability to mentor Junior BA's and SA’s.Skills and Requirements:EXPERIENCE: 8 or more years of experience including demonstrated lead role in requirements elicitation. The ideal candidate has System Analysis experience developing requirements for credit and financial systems, and technical analysis skills. Data analysis, SQL skills and experience interfacing with offshore development teams and QA testers. Experience in Regulatory Reporting, Risk based profitability and Accounting is a plus.
Technical, functional and team skills:
• Expert in software development life cycle - including requirement analysis, preparing technical specifications after analyzing business requirements for design and development, system testing, business acceptance and troubleshooting in various roles ranging from Team Member to a Project Leader.
• Demonstrated ability in advanced system analysis and problem solving
• Ability to develop and present data analysis results in a meaningful way for business senior managers and executives to easily comprehend quickly as part of the decision making process
• Recommends business process changes
• Display an excellent understanding of upstream and downstream applications and the implications of proposed requirements and/or solutions.
• Able to brainstorm and lead efforts to gather, document and validate requirements where business expertise is lacking or non-existent i.e. “find a way” and accomplish the mission
• Rapid absorption of new information or new domain knowledge. Quick learner – able to pick up new concepts, methods and obtain deep understanding of systems and interface
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to lead and facilitate discussions in order to meet the objectives of the meeting.
• Ability to react to changing client priorities.
• Significantly influence IT and business stakeholders
• Identification of related problems or issues from multiple areas
• Provide expert advice within systems domains/portfolio and for other portfolios
• Confidently present findings to senior management and executives
• Develop and deliver powerful presentations by positioning content and objectives appropriately (i.e. positive verses negative tone) for the audience.
• Understanding of organizational relationships and dynamics
• Proven knowledge and robust understanding of banking industry and processes
• Excellent knowledge of information systems concepts and IT trends
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB