Make Next Happen Now.
Silicon Valley Bank serves many of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. We need technology experts with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to create a truly seamless banking experience on a global scale. When you join the SVB team, you help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) at Silicon Valley Bank is a team of specialized project management and business results professionals with a track record of helping its stakeholders achieve success on their project investment goals. In this role, you will lead and manage projects within SVB.
• Responsible for managing a project from business case formation through to production implementation. This includes scoping, planning, executing, resourcing and monitoring assigned project(s) to keep on schedule and on budget.
• Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process, and taking corrective action as necessary.
• Develop strong partnership with the Business Owner and Vertical Lead to ensure successful delivery of project(s).
• Demonstrate strong communication skills with all levels of stakeholders, including Executives. Able to prepare/present to senior level executives with appropriate level of information/duration.
• Effectively manage the project to scope/schedule/budget and challenge respective stakeholders as needed.
• Manage the relationship between technology and the business at the project level.
• Analyze project risks, issues, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to business and IT leadership. Provide and implement action plans to mitigate risk when applicable.
• Develop detailed project plans to manage the end-to-end project activities, interdependencies and execution approach.
• Define purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success.
• Lead and roll out process improvements by working with ePMO and other Project Managers in the PMO.
• Mentors/assists junior PM’s to learn and gain working knowledge in all areas of project management.
• Manage financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
• Plan and maintain project financial data monthly.
• Build and foster a collaborative working environment amongst project team members.
• Working knowledge of audit and regulatory practices; ensures projects they lead are 100% compliant with SVB standards.
• Manage multiple integrated complex Enterprise projects simultaneously with no supervision.
• Possesses advanced leadership skills in influencing and communication.
• Sets priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands.
• Considers contingencies for the unexpected when planning long term work initiatives.
• Drives creative, innovative ways to deliver complex projects.
• Able to drive multiple intersecting projects through to success.
• Builds credibility, establishes rapport and maintains communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
• Defines and initiates projects, directs Project Managers to manage cost, schedule and performance of component projects while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
• Works to understand big picture and/or piece things together and considers both long/short term impact of work to the whole.
• Can switch from detail to big picture seamlessly.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Skills and Requirements:• 8-12 years experience in large scale change efforts which are comprised of projects, portfolios and/or programs including change management aspects of delivery across multiple geographically disbursed teams.
• Experience includes at least 3 years’ experience in financial services (Fraud/Risk and Payments Preferred, Core Banking, Transaction Banking and Infrastructure Experience preferred), FinTech and/or fast paced technology environments as well as up to 15+ years related business experience.
• Demonstrates advanced skills in finance, cross-cultural awareness, leadership, and communication at all levels of the organization (multiple forms), influence, negotiation and conflict resolution. Is seen as a leader within the organization, across Business, IT and at SVB.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule management, cost estimating and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, project communications, risk identification/ response control and management
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of project management methodologies and tools (multiple methods), resource management practices and organizational change management techniques.
• PMP Certification is required.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB