Make Next Happen Now.
Silicon Valley Bank serves many of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. We need technology experts with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to create a truly seamless banking experience on a global scale. When you join the SVB team, you help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) at Silicon Valley Bank is a team of specialized project management and business results professionals with a track record of helping its stakeholders achieve success on their project investment goals. In this role as a Lead Business Analyst - Business Requirements, you will be responsible for elicitation, identification, analysis, definition and managing business requirements across the project lifecycle, to ensure high quality projects and solutions are delivered.
• Lead requirement gathering on an enterprise-wide basis by providing subject matter expertise to the business owners, building and driving templates and training programs.
• Utilize, influence and drive change through elicitation techniques like brainstorming, requirement workshops, focus groups and others. This could include defining the marketing requirements including commercial models for Enterprise products propositions.
• Ensure all requirements are traceable against the defined customer experience.
• Analyze and interpret requirements for their viability against the business objective to ensure the solution is met.
• Document requirements by crafting use cases, functional and requirement specifications documents.
• Categorize requirements as functional (contains the features required by the end-users), non-functional (requirements for the performance and usability of the project) operational (operations that are carried out in the background) and technical and accordingly segregate them in different types of documents.
• Manage and prioritize requirements by partnering with the business owners to ensure the right requirements are included by considering the scope and schedule of projects.
• Conduct cost-benefit analysis to support the feasibility of the proposed solutions. In such analysis, a comparison is made between the money that is being spent on a project and the benefits obtained from it. Study the cost-benefit analysis and figure out whether a project will be profitable before committing any time and resources for it.
• Gain requirements sign-off from key stakeholders by making sure all on same level of understanding against requirements and obtain written approval on requirements to be developed. Most SVB projects follow a traditional lifecycle and the Lead Business Analyst - Business Requirements may be tasked with building business, stakeholder and/or system requirements as well as business and/or system use cases.
• Serve as the Requirement Gatekeeper and validate any new requirement for their effect and impact on the existing requirement set of the project.
• Manage requirements across the project lifecycle, to ensure high quality solutions are delivered, in line with the business needs and customer’s standards.
• Support and maintain the requirements repository and provide reporting relating to quality or requirements, traceability and re-usability.
• Support the design team in understanding requirements.
• Work independently but in frequent communication with teams located across the enterprise - the SVB business owners, partners, sponsors and the SVB project managers, Requirements Team and ePMO. May also be involved in the change control board.
• Interact directly with the larger ePMO Team to communicate status and other relevant information. In addition to developing requirements work products, the Lead Business Analyst - Business Requirements may be tasked with providing oversight to requirements work of other contractors / vendors on SVB projects.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Skills and Requirements:• 3+ years of experience developing technical requirements/specifications, deep understanding of various requirements capture methodologies, documentation standards, and software implementation and test processes including Agile
• 3+ years of experience building functional and non-functional written requirements utilizing business process diagrams, use cases, user stories and interviews, ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language and vice versa
• 2+ years of experience facilitating User acceptance and conducting Integrated systems testing
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Business Analysis and Requirements Writing
• Familiarity with Communication Plans and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Strong spoken and written and communication skills and strong analytical skills to assess process gaps and recommend best practice solutions
• Elicitation and interviewing skills
• Problem solving and analytical thinking
• Group facilitation and observational skills
• Process modeling skills
• Interpersonal skills including ability to work in independently within a team structure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to improve efficiency by handling time workload and to work independently in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Office Visio
• Ability to travel on occasion to other SVB offices and locations
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB