Make Next Happen Now.
Silicon Valley Bank serves many of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. We need technology experts with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to create a truly seamless banking experience on a global scale.
Join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst is an IT position with the primary responsibility for the execution and delivery of Business Intelligence solutions to business partners and providing subject matter expertise for the specified domain.
• Engage with stakeholders and partners to execute the vision for meeting the organization’s needs for enterprise business intelligence
• Work closely with project managers and business analysts to ensure reporting / data meets or exceeds customer requirements
• Collaborate with partners in Data Architecture and Data Warehousing to drive the ongoing development and delivery of SVB’s Enterprise BI strategy
• Manage and maintain a portfolio of standard operational reports, and other reports and dashboards
• Provide information, including standard reporting packages, queries, and ad-hoc reporting to various end-users in the appropriate form and frequency
• Lead efforts to ensure end-user requirements are well understood and create specifications for business intelligence solutions
• Provide technical leadership to the team to solve complex reporting issues as needed
• Monitor technology and industry trends for new business intelligence opportunities
• Continuously improve business intelligence / reporting processes, procedures and workflow
• Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly system operational activities complete successfully and within agreed upon service level agreements.
• Review statistics, validate or challenge the way things have always been done and identify areas for process and/or support tool improvements and efficiencies. Prepares activity and KPI reports regarding the activities of the Enterprise BI Services team
• Participate in continuous department performance improvement activities
• Participate in design reviews, code reviews, audit reviews, change management reviews, and other reviews required to monitor and assess execution versus defined procedures and processesSkills and Requirements:• 7+ years delivering and implementing technology based business intelligence solutions using SAP BOXI and Tableau
• 3+ years working on data warehouse initiatives.
• Experience contributing to project implementations that utilized a formal project management methodology, quality assurance program, and SDLC control environment
• Experience supporting production applications at a mid-size to larger company
• Experience with agile delivery methods
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to develop requested reports / data using SAP Business Objects, Tableau, SQL, and other BI or data mining tools
• Expert knowledge of customer analytics, data warehousing (using both relational and non-relational database management systems), and business intelligence tools
• Ability to lead technical and procedural standards (SDLC) for systems design, development, verification, and implementation.
• Multi-task and manage unstructured tasks within specific guidelines and time constraints.
• Excellent business partnering and communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB