For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees, over $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
Client Service Advisors (CSA) serve as the primary contact for telephone and email requests including technical support for SVB clients relating to Cash Management products. CSAs are responsible for understanding, researching and/or escalating a variety of client service and/or operational enquiries. Many SVB clients will be global, holding accounts in the UK &/or Israel and US, so setting client expectations and delivering consistent follow up with them is a critical deliverable in this role. The CSA is accountable for delivering a one-stop client experience and ensuring seamless coordination when other colleagues are engaged. CSAs have to demonstrate experience in relationship management, including the ability to identify client problems/issues, and product and service issues. CSAs have accountability for understanding and adhering to bank policies, procedures, and legal and compliance requirements are critical components in this role. Collaboration with other CSA colleagues and operational support teams is imperative to delivering on the client experience and satisfaction, and ultimately contributing to the company-wide net promoter score (NPS) strategy.
CSAs must be able to assess client service situations, direct solutions, and provide a high level of proactive follow-up to clients. They must be articulate and able to discuss all of the bank’s primary products and services comfortably with clients. They develop relationships through outstanding service support to SVB clients, and represent the SVB brand.
A “continuous improvement” focus is required to drive improvements in efficiency and to spot opportunities to automate, simplify and streamline in order to enhance the client experience and further differentiate SVB.
• Day to day responsibility for receipt, logging and resolution of client enquiries received from client contacts and internal parties
• Responding to enquiries received via telephone, email or face to face
• Ensuring exceptional levels of client service
• Keeping clients informed and up to date on status of open enquiries
• Regular follow up on open enquiries
• Prompt escalation of aging/complex client enquiries
Skills and Requirements:• Bachelors degree preferred
• Enthusiasm for delighting clients
• Experience in banking operations or a prior client facing role
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
• Positive energy, “spirit of collaboration” and partnership
• Proactively build internal relationships and collaborate with others
• Excellent communication abilities, including strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to explain complex issues and convey information, both internally and externally, in an articulate and professional manner
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB