For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation center’s around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
• This role will form part of the wider UK COO business reporting to the Process Improvement Manager (PIM) within the UK Change Management function.
• This is a key role that will support the PIM developing and documenting ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ process maps across COO Banking Operations via systematic process reviews.
• Involvement in process mapping for ‘in flight’ projects supporting other Change Management team members across the UK a feature
• The role holder will be comfortable juggling multiple initiatives / documentation requirements in a fast paced and complex environment that requires a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, adaptability and passion for delivering excellent results in both the ‘what’ and the ‘how’.
• Success will come from being hard-working, self-motivated in a team-orientated environment.
• An ability to see both the bigger picture and to be able to dig into the fine detail of key Operations business processes (e.g. payment processing, client administration and onboarding) will be critical.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining all process documentation (including process maps) across COO
• Work closely with Banking Operations (including SMEs) and PIM to clearly understand and document process flows resulting in documentation of process maps and written procedures that are in accordance with SVB standards.
• Work closely with COO Operational Risk Manager to ensure any risk gaps identified are closed off as part of revised Operations / Client Support processes.
• Work with PIM and Banking Operations to ensure their process documentation accurately reflects current practices and where changes are required that they are approved via the appropriate governance procedures across the UK.
• Responsible for the development of forms, job aids and user manuals where required ensuring this work is fully alignment (from a priority standpoint too) with the overall SVB technical training approach.
• Maintenance of existing documentation and process maps ensuring these are reviewed in line with SVB policy and procedures.
• Timely production of process maps as directed by PIM.
• Assisting the PIM in driving a capability programme across the whole of COO to better enable our teams to spot opportunities and process failure points and be able to drive small process changes within the team.
• Work with Banking Operations Leadership team and/or Head to ensure changes are landed in a smooth and professional manner
• Working with all project stakeholders at various levels (up to Senior Manager) to ensure governance procedures are followed in all instances.
• Creation of the relevant central storage source for all COO documentation and process maps including implementation of the appropriate governance to ensure these are maintained within agreed SVB standards.
Skills and Requirements:• Previous experience (ideally 3+ years) of process documentation and/or re-engineering (with a bias towards automation of manual processes) across the financial services industry particularly within an Operational business
• Experience in documenting key business processes including process mapping that impact across multiple businesses/stakeholders
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and partner where necessary
• Strong presentation, oral communications skills
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles an advantage
• Education: Appropriate process improvement qualifications including process mapping tools e.g. Visio
• Excellent analytical skills and attention of detail
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workloads and work on your own initiative – the successful candidate will be managing a prioritized workstack of circa 40 key process improvements at any one time.
• The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
o An emphasis on achieving the organisations goals versus individual achievement
o An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving
o A focused and results driven mindset
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB