Engage with the cutting-edge technology companies that are changing the world. Work on the front lines of the future. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, over $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
“Our business requires being agile and responsive to our tech-savvy clients. This keeps me challenged and engaged every day.” – Raju, Global Digital Banking at SVB
“SVB is a collaborative and supportive place to work. The environment is incredibly dynamic, and it really stretches you.” – Jason H, Life Sciences at SVB
The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations in the UK and Europe. The team is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and also plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with Venture Capital, Private Equity funds and the advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
The London Working Capital Finance team manage the Bank’s client relationships with technology and life science organisations in the UK and Europe. This team is responsible for structuring working capital facilities for new prospect companies and also plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with Venture Capital funds, Private Equity funds and the advisory community. This team covers a broad range of asset based lending transactions and a diverse set of business profiles from growth stage, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates. Products include traditional A/R lines, recurring revenue lines, inventory lines and hybrid Working Capital facilities with term debt. This team is also responsible for creating new and creative deal structures to provide working capital to fast-growing innovation businesses.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial analysis, structuring and management of debt relationships with client and prospect companies. As part of a dynamic organisation, the Associate supports loan growth, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with Relationship Managers. As an Associate, you are a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of analytical rigour. You should be able to “crunch the numbers” one minute and critically think through business issues the next. Join us and you'll work with client relationship teams across the U.K. on a wide range of responsibilities, including conducting due diligence on potential clients, managing loan portfolio risk and supporting loan growth, underwriting new deals, identifying and resolving compliance issues, and providing client support and management.
• Portfolio management; monitor an assigned portfolio of debt clients.
• Collect, analyse and report on the financial performance of client companies and ensure covenant compliance.
• Contact clients directly to resolve compliance related questions and day-to-day operational inquiries.
• Review collateral and other assets to assess portfolio risk.
• Ensure credit documentation and compliance requirements are met.
• Support the structuring of new debt facilities for prospect companies.
• Assist in the underwriting of credits; analysing financial statements and preparing the due diligence approval package for new loan facilities and modifications.
• Facilitate the booking process, and assure credit files comply with SVB policies and procedures.Skills and Requirements:• Commercial banking, financial analysis, research or related experience.
• General financial analysis skills and the ability to read and understand financial statements.
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB