As a member of our Asia Link team, you will assist SVB’s US teams with Asian cross-border opportunities by the leading the sales and implementation process as well as co-managing relationships for certain clients. Role will be responsible for analyzing, positioning and selling US banking solutions, including commercial card and global merchant services, to prospective Asia cross border clients. You will bring the knowledge and skills necessary to engineer and implement creative and sometimes complex solutions to meet clients’ needs. You will collaboratively interact with various SVB team members, referral sources and prospects while leading the lead closing process. Your core responsibilities and primary duties will include:
· Responsible for sales support and leading implementing of SVB banking solutions for commercial companies that are either buying or selling goods/services cross-border through the delivery of core commercial banking products (i.e. treasury management, FX, investments, etc.) as well as broader SVB financial services (i.e. private bank, wealth advisory, SVB Capital, SVB Analytics, etc.).
· Individual will work closely with Asia Link MD in China as well as other referral sources on execute on leads and improve the likelihood of successful closure. Role will also assist with team’s marketing strategy and business development efforts to help meet its goals.
· Support the sales process by engaging US management of prospects to build strong strategic relationships with key US executives.
· Co-manage or advise US RM teams to help recognize opportunities to cross sell and implement additional solutions such as card payments, merchant card acceptance, foreign exchange, etc.
· Responsible for gaining expertise on the JV’s banking offerings to help train and advise US colleagues on SVB’s growing banking capabilities in China. With this knowledge, provide thought leadership to both clients and colleagues regarding product features, enhancements and help guide colleagues on future global treasury industry needs arising in the market.
· Responsible for working closely with JV colleagues to track referrals and implementation on US client banking opportunities in China.
· Develop and grow SVB’s market and brand awareness by attending networking events for cross-border organizations in the US.
· Focus on SVB's Success Drivers and Corporate Goals through close collaboration with various key departments within SVB as well as with the JV business units.
Skills and Requirements:Education/Qualifications/Certifications/Licensing:
· 5+ years of related banking and/or experience.
· Advanced knowledge of bank operations and products.
· Strong negotiation, sales skills and implementation experience.
· Bi-lingual in Mandarin and English, both written and verbal, is highly preferred
· Passion for helping Chinese and Asian entrepreneurs that are looking for a financial service provider in the US.
· Proven team player able to engage with people well and closely collaborate with colleagues on product sales and implementation and issue remediation.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB