The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations and investment funds in the UK and Europe. The Group is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and funds and plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with the Venture Capital, Private Equity and advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
Relationship Enablement is a newly developed function of the UK Branch and part of the UK Relationship Banking business. The function comprises a team of junior to mid-career level staff that support client relationship management and account maintenance activities as well as banking product sales and co-ordination of product implementation (non-credit related). The team also manages client ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) information collection and maintenance. The group works very closely with the UK Relationship Banking teams as well as Implementation / Operations / Client Service / Financial Crime teams who implement products and handle day-to-day service enquiries.
The Relationship Enablement Support Officer (Generalist) plays a central role in assisting with the management of multiple client portfolios across the UK Relationship Banking organisation and supports a variety of activities.
• Support Relationship Managers and Relationship Advisers in meeting the day-to-day banking needs of clients including,
o account maintenance
o product maintenance and product modifications
o collateral accounts and charges over accounts
o dormancy and inactive account situations
o striking off/liquidation notifications
o fee investigations
o mandate supersede requirements
• Support the scheduling, planning, preparing and tracking of the branch relationship review programme working very closely with Relationship and Compliance teams and collating inputs from across the branch and tracking progress with output actions/cases.
• Undertake daily identification, research and tracking to resolution of unauthorised overdrafts.
• Work with colleagues across front office and back office teams to ensure that Relationship teams fully discharge their KYC (Know Your Customer) and Due Diligence (DD) responsibilities to required standards
o Complete triggered Client Profile Updates, Due Dilgence, FATCA and CRS requirements in accordance with SVB process and procedures, including the daily review of Tenon Tracker alerts to ensure timely action and ongoing compliance. Communicate with relevant teams and coordinate regular follow up to ensure completion of action items
o Manage the periodic FATCA and CRS compliance requirements alongside the branch relationship review programme including all follow up and investigation activity.
• Ensure data integrity is maintained/enhanced when completing workflow tasks by inputting comprehensive and ordered client information in a timely manner into SVB systems (including CRM and Remedy)
• Proactively collaborates with the Relationship, Operations, Financial Crime, Client Service, and Risk & Compliance teams, both locally and globally.
Skills and Requirements:• Excellent client service experience
• Successful track record working with commercial clients and the relevant types of products and service solutions available to commercial clients
• Strong understanding of banking and payment systems e.g. CHAPS, Faster Payments, etc and a strong knowledge of the Financial Regulatory environment e.g. AML, Data Protection etc
• Understanding of the full account opening process, including form filling, direct client liaison, gathering information and documentary evidence to satisfy KYC, due diligence and other regulatory requirements, data entry and full application submission, through to the issuance of account details once opened
• Able to manage and coordinate workflow across multiple teams, communicate effectively across the business and complete assignments accurately and within designated, often pressurized, time frames
• Hard-working, self-motivated and able to work independently in a team-oriented environment
• Detail oriented and ability to prioritize assignments and workload
• Excellent communication, including written and verbal skills, the ability to understand and disseminate complex information and be able to clearly explain background context and reasoning for decision making
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Excel, Word, CRM etc desirable, although not essential
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB