Silicon Valley Bank is currently seeking candidates for a mid-level lawyer position to support SVB’s commercial banking legal needs, primarily focusing on financial transactions and credit products and services.
The candidate must be have strong financial institution or law firm experience with (a) financial transactions and credit products; (b) secured lending concepts; (c) loan and credit documents. Experience or familiarity with derivatives transactions is desirable.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and cutting edge environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable both managing outside counsel and providing guidance to business units regarding complex legal, regulatory and business issues.
The work will include:
• Advising our credit and financial product teams as they develop new products to service the needs of the technology and innovation companies that make up our client base;
• Providing legal and regulatory guidance on a wide array of financial transactions including commercial loan and other credit products and services, global trade/credit products such as letters of credit and foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives;• Drafting and negotiating agreements while coordinating with internal business units, clients and outside counsel;
• Developing and updating template agreements for loan and credit products;
• Developing and conducting training for business unit members;
• Managing outside counsel; and
• Some travel to U.S. business locations.
Skills and Requirements:Requirements:
• 6-12+ years’ experience (either in-house or with a firm)
• A minimum of 5+ years working on commercial loan/credit related transactions
• Experience drafting and negotiating commercial loan/credit agreements
• Strong understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code
• Excellent writing, oral communication, and time-management/project management skills
• Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous project simultaneously under deadline pressures
• Willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters/topics
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with others
• An inquisitive nature to help you learn about our business and to help find solutions as we grow as a company
• A J.D. from a top tier school and excellent academic credentials
• Active member of a state bar
keyword: Attorney, Lawyer
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB