For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation center’s around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
• This role will form part of the wider UK COO business reporting to the Business Implementation Director (Head of Change Management UK & EMEA) within the UK Change Management function.
• This is a key role that will focus on driving capacity across COO Banking Operations (targets will be set) via systematic process review to streamline, where possible, through STP and ensuring that control points in the process are seamlessly embedded and optimised.
• Focus will be on medium to small process improvements with ‘reimaging’ of processes across Banking Operations.
• The PIM will be comfortable juggling multiple process improvement initiatives in a fast paced and complex environment that requires a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, adaptability and passion for delivering excellent results in both the ‘what’ and the ‘how’.
• Success will come from being hard-working, self-motivated in a team-orientated environment. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and have a proven track record in process re-engineering to drive efficiencies and scale against challenging deadlines in a high energy, hard working environment.
• An ability to see both the bigger picture and to be able to dig into the fine detail of key Operations business processes (e.g. payment processing, client administration and onboarding) will be critical.
• Line management of a process mapping resource is a feature but the role will have a wider responsibility for all COO staff to embed process improvement skills in the teams.
• Responsible for conducting detailed analysis of the current business process improvement opportunities and prioritization methodology to ensure the business is focused on the critical opportunities
• Responsible for designing the solution and delivering the required improvements coupled with control improvements through improved end to end process design and management
• Key responsibility for driving measurable and tangible productivity improvements via process re-engineering and/or STP to improve cycle time and remove ‘non added value’ activity in current processes across COO and Banking Operations.
• Driving a capability programme across the whole of COO to better enable our teams to spot opportunities and process failure points and be able to drive small process changes within the team.
• Work with Banking Operations Leadership team and/or Head to ensure changes are appropriate approved and land in a smooth and professional manner including training identification as required
• Key interface role with the SVB-wide initiative to drive larger scale process transformation to ensure that the initiatives that the UK drive are in lockstep with the Global initiatives.
• Working with all project stakeholders at various levels (including Exec) to ensure governance procedures are followed in all instances.
#LI-SW1Skills and Requirements:• Previous experience of leveraging or focusing on process re-engineering (with a bias towards automation of manual processes) across the financial services industry, particularly within an Operational business
• Demonstrated process improvement experience required, e.g. Lean/Six Sigma certification
• Experience in documenting key business processes including process mapping that impact across multiple businesses/stakeholders
• Ability to assess and identify break and failure points in current state processes and design future state process in detail, potentially including Value Stream Mapping
• Experience in recommending proportionately sized automated solutions to solve business problems where necessary particularly in relation to STP
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and partner where necessary
• Strong written / presentation, oral communications skills and influencing up to executive-level tailoring the content and approach to the specific audience
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
• Education: Appropriate process improvement qualifications including process mapping tools e.g. Visio
• Excellent analytical skills and attention of detail
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workloads and work on your own initiative – the successful candidate will be managing a prioritized workstack of circa 40 key process improvements at any one time.
• The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
o An emphasis on achieving the organisations goals versus individual achievement
o An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving
o A focused and results driven mindset
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB