Senior leadership role with the primary responsibility for defining and delivering all IT capabilities for Payments Solutions for the Commercial and Private bank. Reports directly to the Head of IT – Risk and Payments and functionally to the Head of Global treasury Advisory Services, Head of SVB Global Operations and Head of Product Delivery &Channel Delivery. Works closely with cross-functional senior business and technology executives to define and deliver IT strategies that enable the business strategy from current and long-term perspective.
Manage and develop a matrix team of IT professionals for delivering new and enhancing existing business solutions and capability while ensuring flawless delivery of end-to-end production support for our Payment Solutions portfolio including but not limited to:
• Commercial Banking Payments
US: FedWire, Intl Wires, FX Wires, Domestic and Intl ACH, In-Country Accounts
UK: Chaps, Faster Payments, SEPA, BACS, Intl Wires, FX Wires
Global Payment Operations
• Card Services
US and UK: Business Card, Debit Cards and Vertical Cards
• Merchant Services
US Merchant Card Services
• Foreign Exchange
• Trade Finance
• Support Private Banking Payments: Wires and ACH
• Work closely with the Compliance and Fraud portfolios as related to payments processing
• Interface directly with Digital Banking and Commercial Banking teams
• Interfaces to systems outside the above portfolio and Data Warehouse
Act as a senior consultant to the business, striving to meet their business and compliance objectives with innovative, scalable, cost effective and efficient global solutions, leveraging existing infrastructure, and capabilities whenever possible. Play a strategic role in managing and leveraging IT investments from identifying and targeting the investment mix aligning the IT roadmap to business partners as well as integrating business roadmap to IT.
A seasoned leader who can make valuable contributions in the following areas:
• Work with senior business stakeholders to define and deliver prioritized roadmaps, strategies and solutions to meet our evolving business needs.
• Ensure our existing production infrastructure, application support and environments are maintained to deliver exceptional service levels to our users and clients.
• Manage production and disaster recovery environments to ensure they are kept upgraded, stay compliant to changing regulations, execute against risk plans and proactively address issues.
• Secure IT resource requirements and budgets to deliver against the defined roadmaps.
• Collaborate and facilitate decisions to resolve conflicts that span more than one group, while ensuring an overall positive outcome for the corporation.
• Oversee all programs/projects under their portfolio and be responsible for ensuring successful, on-time and on-budget delivery of those programs/projects.
• Work closely with senior management across the organization to plan and communicate the status of the IT book of work.
• Understand and navigate the complexities of the organizational decision making hierarchy and knowledgeable for the assigned business areas.
• Manage and drive vendor relationships, performance and outcomes.
Lead, direct and manage a cross-disciplined matrix team of internal and partner resources to:
• Deliver against the business capabilities with speed and quality while fostering healthy inner and inter department relationships, both internal and external to IT.
• Develop and maintain domain expertise, system and infrastructure knowledge for applications and products under their responsibility.
• Provide mentorship, coaching and line management to their team, building a cadre of strong IT professionals.
• Perform requirements gathering, system analysis, technical designs and development to deliver against the approved roadmap.
• Develop and maintain technology roadmap and strategy for their assigned domain/area.
• Ensure end-to-end support for production, disaster recovery and business continuity for their assigned domain/area.Skills and Requirements:• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Extensive banking operations knowledge with emphasis on Payment Solutions
• Strong technology professional background with experience in end to end delivery and support of IT systems
• Knowledge of various testing methodologies and automation
• Ability to comprehend problems and analyze needs
• Explain complex scenarios with simplicity
• Lets ‘make it happen’ attitude
• Demonstrated Leadership skills and ability to build high performing organizations
• Demonstrated ability to lead a matrix team
• Experience with organizing and planning multi-million dollar complex and global initiatives
• Vendor relationship management
• Minimum of 15+ years of progressive industry experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Engineering Degree of equivalent required
• MBA preferred
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB