Join a bank like no other: Silicon Valley Bank. When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs, and the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
To amplify its role as a champion of the world’s most innovative companies and their investors, Silicon Valley Bank has created a new program that aims to transform lives by creating access to opportunities in the innovation economy. The program does this by offering relevant STEM education, skills and work experiences to underserved, underrepresented and more diverse groups, thus increasing the pool of talent for innovation companies. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Reputation & Communication, the Access to Innovation Program Director is a senior position responsible for leading and managing this program that supports the success of SVB’s clients and the community simultaneously.
Specifically, this individual will:
• Drive this program to create opportunities for people and increase diversity in the innovation economy, while advancing SVB’s reputation as a Champion of Innovation in the process
• Working with a core team, including SVB’s CEO, to enhance the new internal and external program, including its strategy, plans, budgets, measurement and success metrics
• Collaborate with the core team to build the client portion of the program. Specifically, coordinate and drive the development and execution of program plans from pilot through scale, including oversight of day-to-day activities; definition of timeline and achievement of milestones; development of pitch books/engagement materials; delivery of tools and playbook(s) for repeatable, scalable execution by SVB and by clients; and reporting out on results and learning.
• Be the primary point of contact for external partner organizations and their key executives, initiating, overseeing and managing the relationships, and coordinating delivery with and through internal SVB teams.
• Be the primary point of contact for the program internally, working and orchestrating delivery with executives, business teams, field teams, corporate philanthropy stakeholders, communications, HR, finance, marketing and others.
• Together with both external and internal partners, define relevant curriculum and connections that deepen exposure to and understanding of the innovation economy, and of SVB’s unique role in that; support the building of training experiences that leverage the curriculum and connections inside SVB and at partner organizations.
• Facilitate SVB and client volunteer activities with external partner organizations in coordination with SVB in the Community groups; socialize the program and coordinate activities with and through the field, ensuring measurement, and facilitating reporting of results.
• Collaborate on and oversee the delivery of internal and external marketing plans for this program.
• Manage the program budget and expenses, contracts and agreements with outside partners as well as SVB’s vendor management group, legal and HR.
#LI-TR1Skills and Requirements:The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing multi-stakeholder programs that drive employee, client and/or community engagement for measureable results.
Specific requirements include:
• 10+ years of program/project/initiative management and leadership.
• Program/project/initiative management horsepower: framing outcomes, defining milestones, mapping stakeholders, engaging key partners, coordinating activities, reporting results.
• Demonstrated experience driving projects/initiatives from pilot to scale, including, e.g. process design, playbook development.
• Proactive and collaborative relationship builder, working successfully across internal and external networks to deliver results; specific relationship development and management experience a plus.
• Methodical, organized, systematic and outcome-focused in defining, socializing and reaching deadlines and results.
• Success in fast-paced, creative entrepreneurial environments; experience with start-ups, ventures and/or entrepreneurs is a plus.
• Experience with not-for-profit organizations, and familiarity with education, individual potential and workforce development a plus.
• Ability to engage and inspire all levels, through senior leadership, internally and externally.
• Facility working effectively and flexibly within a matrixed organization, where roles are fluid and often ambiguous, and things can move quickly and change.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a thinker and a doer.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB