Engage with the cutting-edge technology companies that are changing the world. Work on the front lines of the future. Build a career with purpose. If you’re looking for a company that values your ambition and passion — and your health and happiness outside of work — you’re in the right place.
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, over $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasis its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
“Our business requires being agile and responsive to our tech-savvy clients. This keeps me challenged and engaged every day.” – Raju, Global Digital Banking at SVB
“SVB is a collaborative and supportive place to work. The environment is incredibly dynamic, and it really stretches you.” – Jason H, Life Sciences at SVB
The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations in the UK and Europe. The team is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and also plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with Venture Capital, Private Equity funds and the advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
The Relationship Advisor (RA) role is responsible for supporting all elements of the client banking relationship with the exception of debt structuring and management of debt relationships. As part of a dynamic organisation, the RA supports all the day to day banking needs for the clients, in additional to participating in the strategic development of these relationships and clients future needs. The RA has an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment relating to KYC, AML and other critical regulatory guidance to facilitate Compliance adherence and a broad understanding of banking products and transactions
As an RA you are a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. You should be a self-starter with a high degree of client service experience. You should be able to quickly pick up process and procedures in order to provide clients with Product and Services that meet their needs as effectively, as possible. Being able to priorities and manage high volumes of critical tasks including new client prospecting and onboarding oversight, understanding the changing needs and ownership of our clients, developing deeper relationships by both reactive and proactive contacts, managing risk for the bank and the client and maintaining high client satisfaction.
• Portfolio management; day to day banking specialist for a specific portfolio, or pooled portfolio of clients. This includes having an extensive knowledge of all types of bank accounts, payment type, cash management products, online banking capabilities and an understanding of collateral and security taking.
• Develop client relationships for prospects with oversight of elements of the client onboarding.
• Proactive and reactive contact to deepen relationships and improve the overall client experience.
• Ensure documentation and Compliance requirements are met by way of KYC and AML adherence with regular client reviews.
• Assist in preparing information, leading and participation in client reviews depending on the size and nature of the business
• Provide Subject Matter input on a variety of projects and process enhancements.
Skills and Requirements:• Strong Relationship-Building and Collaboration Skills: Ability to network and develop strong positive relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and analytical skills: Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, risk and complex information effectively and be expert in clearly translating complicated issues into actionable recommendations and solutions.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Commercial banking experience preferred
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB