The UK Relationship Banking division manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with technology and life science organisations and investment funds in the UK and Europe. The Group is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and funds and also plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with the Venture Capital, Private Equity and advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates.
The Relationship Enablement Function is a newly developed part of the UK Branch and comprises a team of junior to mid-career level staff that support client relationship management and account maintenance activities as well as banking product sales and co-ordination of product implementation (non-credit related). The team also manages client ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) information collection and maintenance. The group works very closely with Implementation / Operations / Client Service teams who implement products and handle day-to-day service enquiries.
• Responsible for developing and executing Relationship Enablement (RE) strategy to ensure we have the right skills, processes and systems in place to build a strong platform for scalable growth whilst being able to deliver exceptional client experience
• Leading RE to deliver high quality support for client relationship management and account maintenance activities (including proactive guidance with product solutions), banking products cross-sell and co-ordination of product implementation (non-credit related), and management of client KYC information.
• Managing workflow and task distribution across the team
• Building and evolving a complex operational infrastructure
• Delivering robust and sustainable service in a dynamic, high growth, fast paced environment
• Maintaining a robust control framework with strong risk assessment procedures
• Problem solving daily, fixing immediate issues whilst focus on the longer-term plan
• Leading a complex and fast paced development program of continuous improvement
• Developing and managing talent, creating training and development plans for the team
• Implementing and tracking service delivery to key metrics e.g. SLA’s, KRI’s & KPI’s
• Managing outsource providers and partners across RE in a way which maximises the customer experience and commercial benefits
• Ensuring that all risk activities across the group are managed effectively and comply with regulatory and legal requirements
• Proactively identifying potential gaps/risks in policies, facility/security documents, processes/procedures, SLAs, exception/MI reports, etc. and take steps to improve these
• Identifying deviations from approved processes and rectifying
• Reviewing internal or other audit comments and fixing deficiencies
• Ensuring manuals/guidelines/SLAs are clear to all team members and are regularly followed
• Maintaining strong stakeholder relationships (internal and external) with the ability to influence
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of an effective organisational design for the RE function
#LI-SW1Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience gained in a financial services environment
• Commercial banking, relationship management/client services and international banking products experience
• Extensive knowledge of banking and internal controls in a financial services environment
• Experience in setting up a similar support and delivery focused group serving a sales organisation
• Strong risk governance experience
• Previous experience in managing, developing and leading teams through change and transformation
• Strong Relationship-Building and Collaboration Skills: The individual will need to work actively to establish close ties with others in the organization, work effectively with others to achieve the company’s business objectives, be willing to be held accountable to others – both horizontally and vertically .
• Communications: The individual will have excellent communication and presentation abilities, including strong written and verbal skills and the ability to explain issues and decision as well as strategy both internally and externally. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
• Interpersonal Style: The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
o An emphasis on achieving the organisation’s goals, versus individual achievement;
o An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
o A focused and results driven mindset
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB