Join a bank like no other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join the SVB team and help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
Advisor FX is a career building position within SVB Product Advisory Services.
This role is to support the formation of a FX Sales Advisory Team and primarily focused on Northern California portfolios.
The objective is to collaborate with the team, identify the most important FX clients within assigned portfolios, position SVB FX early, be the point of contact for FX & Global Treasury advisory service, build client relationships and retain our best clients longer.
Advisor FX, Northern California
Experienced Foreign Exchange Sales specialist responsible for delivering a full range of foreign exchange products to corporate and venture capital clients in Northern California.
- Works closely with Relationship Managers and related product groups to determine FX and International needs and to ensure continuous account penetration and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for generating new business and enhancing existing client relationships through a consultative sales approach combined with excellent negotiation and presentation skills. Also responsible for cross selling other international banking products to clients.
- Maintains a thorough, in depth knowledge of the Bank’s FX products and services, while keeping up to date on market news and events.
- Monitors trends and developments in customer's businesses and recommends solutions that can enhance customer relationships, reduce customers’ FX risk, generate income for the Bank, and retain and improve the Bank's competitive position in the market.
- Provides Foreign Exchange product training to Relationship Managers, other Product Specialists and client service to generate sales referrals.
Skills and Requirements:
Skills & Requirements
A minimum of 3 year’s relevant foreign exchange experience.
Sales and business development experience with a proven track record of developing client relationships is preferred.
Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
Experience working with small private companies to large public companies is preferred.
Strong cross-functional team skills.
Serves as an international resource to the bank with the ability to assist and train others.
Project management and client relationship management skills are required.
Working knowledge of international cash management is preferred.
Solid risk management, negotiating and closing skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with both internal and external clients.
Advanced PC and systems skills, including Excel, (Bloomberg experience a plus).
Will be expected to develop a working knowledge of the bank’s proprietary systems and actively use the CRM platform.
Education: Bachelors Degree
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB