For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank has helped innovators and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation center’s around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees in 15 US states, $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
• This role will form part of the wider UK COO business reporting to the Business Implementation Director (Head of Change Management UK & EMEA) within the UK Change Management function. Team comprises of 8 staff at varying levels.
• UK Change Management support both UK and Globally led projects across a wide scope of revenue generation, operational efficiency, platform implementation / upgrade and regulatory led projects.
• Understanding the detailed business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant senior (UK Steering Committee) stakeholders.
• The BA will be comfortable juggling multiple initiatives in a fast paced and complex project environment that requires a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, adaptability and passion for delivering excellent results in both the ‘what’ and the ‘how’.
• A bridge between IT and business stakeholders including full involvement on IT testing plans working closely alongside UK IT System Analysts to include the join ownership of these plans.
• Thoroughly working through and documenting project assumptions and ensuring these are robust as part of business requirements planning.
• Success will come from being hard-working, self-motivated in a team-orientated environment. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and have a proven track record in hitting deadlines and meeting expectations on requirements deliverables in a high energy, hard working environment.
• An ability to see both the bigger picture and to be able to dig into the fine detail of business requirements pre-project will be critical.
• From project mobilization, the role holder will typically support the UK Project Manager (various levels) across a number of work streams contributing to the delivery of the project plan within time, cost and quality.
• Researching, analysing and evaluating all the options that are related the task in hand enabling you to provide recommendations back to the Project Manager
• Ownership of project documentation, such as Business / technical requirements, Implementation approach and any post project reviews that are conducted.
• Working alongside the Project Manager on the creation of project business cases, budgets and key UAT testing documentation / scripts in conjunction with Head of UK IT
• Working with all project stakeholders to ensure they have full understanding of their responsibilities and commitments to the project / programme as well as the impact of the project on their respective businesses.
Skills and Requirements:• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
• Work Experience: previous business analyst experience gained in a change or digital environment. Ideally you will have had exposure to agile led projects
• Proven experience managing multiple, complex and cross functional / cross geography business initiatives / projects
• Excellent analytical skills and attention of detail
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workloads and work on your own initiative – the successful candidate will be aligned to multiple projects / programmes led either from the US and/or UK
• Demonstrates a proactive approach to finding effective solutions in a dynamic business environment.
• Communications: The individual will have excellent communication and presentation abilities, including strong written and verbal skills. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
• Proven ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders (up to Executive level) tailoring the content and approach to the specific audience
• Interpersonal Style: The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
o An emphasis on achieving the organisations goals versus individual achievement
o An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving
o A focused and results driven mindset
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB