Work within the Global Digital Banking team to support the delivery of projects and initiatives for SVB’s Online and Mobile banking applications.
The ideal candidate will possess strong systems analysis skills and some project management capabilities – the position will require both sets of skills to be successful. The position is a mix of Business Systems Analyst (approx. 70% of the role) and Project Management (approx. 30% of the role).
-Responsible for serving as a liaison with the business owners to lead and facilitate the elicitation and prioritization of business initiatives and business requirements including but not limited to 3rd party vendor interface design, application functionality, user interface specifications and report design.
-Comprehend complex business requirements and translate the requirements to a functional system design document under the guidelines of SVB's SDLC documentation framework.
-Propose several alternatives in solving a problem.
-Solid written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are mandatory, along with a strong orientation to detail and deadlines and a solution focus.
-Must be able to work in both phases of systems analysis and data analysis.
-Communicates status, prioritizes requirements, influences and obtains approval for requirement documentation.
-Guide and recommend process and system solutions to business owners. Possesses exceptional client management skills.
-Provide the solution consulting expertise that is critical to ensure the requirements deliverable is thorough and complete and will drive towards the best possible solution outcome for our customers.
-Manage and coordinate the initial assessment, analysis, requirements, development, testing and implementation of incremental enhancements/change requests and other minor releases for our digital banking systems.
-Perform the business systems analysis work and project manage enhancements and change requests, projects, assessments and escalated issues.
-Work closely with the Global Digital Banking Manager and Program Managers to ensure efforts are synchronized and coordinated as efficiently as possible.
-Responsible for managing assignments with a matrixed set of resources.
Skills and Requirements:5 or more years of progressive experience including demonstrated lead role in requirements elicitation. The ideal candidate has Business Systems Analysis experience developing requirements for online banking and mobile banking applications. Data analysis and experience interfacing with offshore development teams and QA testers. Work experience in the US preferred. SQL skills preferred.
Technical, functional and team skills:
• Demonstrated ability in analytical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Attention to detail
• Skilled at ramp-up in a new environment
• Attention to learning and understanding the end-to-end solution in complex environments
• Ability to lead and facilitate discussions in order to meet the objectives of the meeting.
• Ability to react to changing client priorities
• Significantly influence IT and business stakeholders
• Proactive identification of related problems or issues from multiple areas
• Rapid absorption of new information or new domain knowledge. Quick learner – able to pick up new concepts, methods and obtain deep understanding of systems and interfaces in a complex environment
• Provide expert advice within portfolio and for other portfolios
• Confidently present findings to senior management and executives
• Develop and deliver powerful presentations by positioning content and objectives appropriately (i.e. positive verses negative tone) for the audience.
• Thought leader
• Strategizes on new areas/domains
• Excellent knowledge of information systems concepts and IT trends
• Ability to develop and present data analysis results in a meaningful way for business senior managers and executives to easily comprehend quickly as part of the decision making process
• Recommends business process changes
• Display an excellent understanding of upstream and downstream applications and the implications of proposed requirements and/or solutions.
• Able to brainstorm and lead efforts to gather, document and validate requirements even where existing expertise is lacking or non-existent i.e. “find a way” and accomplish the mission
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB