SVB continues to expand our global footprint and analytical solutions such as useful insights regarding client behavior and predictive analysis on what would make our clients most successful is very important. Come join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and the life sciences space.
Internal & Predictive Analytics group at SVB is responsible for providing analytical business solutions by translating data into actionable analytical solutions and promote information-based decision making to support SVB's strategic goals. One of the responsibility of the group is to create information foundation that is used to develop analytical solutions and predictive modeling. In order to design and create information foundation, data scientists identifies and explores relevant data sources, and create business understanding of the data by applying data mining techniques.
The Data scientist/Business Analyst will be responsible for complex data transformation and data mining efforts. The analyst will build processes for the team to be able to use data effectively and efficiently.
Skills and Requirements:
• Data mining and developing relevant data transformation logic
• Designing processes to integrate data from multiple sources to facilitate client centric advanced analytics
• Documenting data transformation logic
• Developing efficient, scalable and repeatable processes to transform data on regular basis
• Communicating with IT partners to share selected transformation processes by facilitating and reviewing business requirements
• Partnering with other data scientists/business analysts to make them familiar with the transformed information so that it can be appropriately used by other analysts and statisticians
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Oracle SQL, PLSQL, and SAS tools/techniques•
Managing processes designed and developed by the information foundation team
• Using best practices framework to ensure data quality and reconciliation checks are in place and are transparent to our users
• Leveraging communication skills to collaborate effectively with analysts across SVB
• Evaluating effectiveness of the transformation process and delivered information by working with uses of information
• Demonstrated experience with the data mining tools SAS and SQL preferably through Oracle PL/SQL.
• Strong background in SAS programming and SQL coding is preferred
• Transform business specifications and requirements into well documented and scripted SQL, PL/SQL process
• Ability to develop and enhance complex PL/SQL scripts, queries, and stored procedures and ETL processes
• Proven Documentation (technical and user documentation) and Verbal and written Communication skills
• Good understanding of BI Methodologies and Practice
• Experience with systems integration, building system models by combining model components and testing the integrity of modeling systems, proficient with model and systems implementation testing
• Knowledge of Data Governance and DQ framework is a plus
• Background in data management in Banking/Finance industry is preferred
• Experience with ETL and data modeling tools is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage and multitask in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Flexibility to work/manage variety of projects.
• Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics or operational research.
• 6+ years of experience in analytics and/or business intelligence space.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB