For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovators, enterprises and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a full range of banking and financing services to businesses of all sizes in innovation centres around the world. SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, has had a presence in the UK since 2004. The bank is committed to supporting disruptive technology and life science businesses within the UK’s vibrant innovation sector, including The Foundry, Made.com and ECI Partners.
SVB Financial Group has approximately 2000+ employees, over $40 billion in assets, and serves entrepreneurs around the world through its 28 offices in the United States and international operations in the UK, Ireland, Israel and China.
SVB has built a culture based on five core values: being enterprising, ethical, driven, dedicated and united. Both internally and with our clients, we value professionalism and emphasise its importance in communication, responsiveness and approach.
SVB’s singular focus on technology and life science businesses and the venture capital and private equity firms that serve them, the breadth of the services it provides to its clients, its global growth strategy, and its core values create a unique and satisfying environment for members of the team.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of UK Client Services and be responsible and accountable for the UK Client Service Advisor Team. The UK Client Service Advisor Team manages first line day to day enquiries from clients relating to payments, receipts, online banking and card enquiries. The successful candidate will be required to participate in and in some cases lead multiple projects and initiatives which may cut across the organisation with multiple stakeholders. Acting at pace, with urgency and control together with the ability to focus on the key risks and service excellence across the breadth of the activities are crucial attributes of the ideal candidate. Leading a team of 5 – 7 employees this role requires the ability to lead, coach, mentor and “think on your feet” to ensure that business deliverables are met in an ever changing environment whilst ensuring staff feel empowered and supported to take responsibility for the multiple daily decisions required in an operations environment as well as their own personal and professional development.
Understanding the client journey, accountable for delivering against service levels through the team and driving a continuous improvement focus across processes and service are key.
A “continuous improvement” focus is required to drive improvements in efficiency and to spot opportunities to automate, simplify and streamline together with the ability to drive such a culture through the teams in order to enhance the client experience and further differentiate SVB.
A global mindset is also crucial, being able to collaborate with global colleagues and partners, share best practice and identify global and local solutions that support the client and the business.
• Oversight of workflow management
• Management of team
• Ensuring exceptional levels of client service
• Complex query escalation and resolution
• Complaint monitoring
• MI production and monitoring
• CSA onboarding and training
• Goal setting and performance management
#LI-SW1Skills and Requirements:• Prior experience in managing a client facing team/client contact centre
• Prior experience in performance management, workflow management & operational metric reporting
• Prior experience in managing/facing off to business partners and multiple stakeholders
• Experience in banking operations/operational knowledge would be beneficial
• High level of energy and initiative
• Enthusiasm for delighting clients
• Ability to ‘lead’ and ‘do’
• Operational knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of performance measurement when managing a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to communicate with leadership across business teams
• In style, the individual will be consultative versus directive and able to weigh options/alternatives effectively
• Experience in managing client facing teams/client contact centres
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills. The candidate will bring a positive energy, “spirit of collaboration” and partnership to the function building effective relationships across the various stakeholders/disciplines involved in any given initiative to work towards the common business goals.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB