The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals, as well as C-level executives from all the businesses SVB serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable and caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
The Private Bank Sales Associate will be responsible for supporting the Private Banking and Wealth initiatives through two channels. First, by supporting the sales team, which focuses on growing revenue and strengthening relationships with individuals from technology companies and PE and VC firms. Second, by supporting the Sales Operations group, which manages and facilitates the business consumption of an analytics intelligence platform, empowering the organization through data analytics.
The position requires researching and profiling targeted prospects, reporting and analyzing portfolios, identifying and aggregating current SVBFG relationships, and identifying potential cross-selling opportunities for prospects. The Associate will interact extensively with the following teams: Private Bank Operations, Marketing, Sales Operations & Analytics, Finance, and IT to develop critical insights regarding clients and develop methodologies to capture broader qualitative insights. Using both internal and external data, this role will build sector expertise and develop market insights and analysis, which will be used for strategy planning and business development.
Additionally, the Associate will assist with the aggregation, maintenance, quality assurance, and quality control of data within SVBFG’s internal proprietary repositories and quarterly reporting. This person will work within the Sales Operations team to establish contact and information flow across groups within SVBFG, including SVB Capital, SVB Silicon Valley Bank, SVB Private Bank and Wealth Management, SVB Global and SVB Analytics.
This position offers the opportunity to apply analytical skills to the innovation ecosystem and gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry through the firm’s strong relationship management network.
Skills and Requirements:• Entry level; 2-4 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, mathematics or statistics, and an accomplished academic record
• Demonstrated interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
• Quantitative skills complemented by intellectual curiosity
• Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organizational skills
• Adaptability to a dynamic environment, self-awareness, pre-disposition towards collaboration with others, and strong interpersonal skills are important in this role
• Familiarity with database tools and programming languages such as R, SQL/PL SQL, VBA, Tableau
• Strong initiative, ownership, and attention to detail
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB