JOB DESCRIPTION: Associates support loan growth, risk management, and client satisfaction in partnership with senior bankers and other groups within Silicon Valley Bank. Associates work with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate portfolio management activities are completed and they are aware and engaged as necessary in portfolio management activities. Associates will also grow their sales skills in performing client facing activities as well as structure and manage client needs. Associates will develop the ability to independently manage the portfolio management process, as well as the ability to work internally to satisfy clients’ requests.
Completes the underwriting and documentation for team’s credit portfolio. Analyzes financial statements and assists in maintaining appropriate risk assessments on all credits. Handles client and prospect needs by interacting with operations and product groups. Assures loan underwriting and documentation meets SVB policies and procedures.
Underwrites uncomplicated credits. Monitors compliance and past-due reports for team’s credit portfolio. Prepares action plans to address noncompliance and past-due issues with clients.
With guidance from the Managing Director or Vice President, contacts established clients and may manage a small group of client relationships. Underwrites more complex credits under direction of the Managing Director or Vice President.
#LI-DP1Skills and Requirements:• Associates must be able to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong organizational and time management skills are important, as multi-tasking is essential to monitor and engage with the overall loan portfolio.
• They must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Once on board, Associates must quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products as they will be working with internal and external Commercial Banking clients on banking issues.
• They must be able to collaborate and work effectively with all areas of the Bank including our Global Partners.
• Associates should have 2-5 years of commercial banking or related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB