The UK Early Stage Banking Team is responsible for the acquisition of new and management of existing client relationships with pre-Series A Funded technology companies. The team is also responsible for developing new and existing relationships in the technology ecosystem to drive new client acquisition, support our client’s growth and expansion, and market the overall SVB Platform. The Early Stage Banking client base forms an important part of SVB’s growth strategy to capture the exciting early-stage companies in the innovation economy and support them on their journey.
We are fortunate to work with some of the most exciting and innovative companies in the world operating at the bleeding edge of new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, VR, AR and Space – they have high expectations of Silicon Valley Bank so it is key that the successful candidate is excited and passionate about the innovation economy.
In this role you will report directly to the Managing Director of Early Stage Banking. As part of a small, but rapidly growing team, the Associate supports new client origination & acquisition, ongoing portfolio management, risk management and client satisfaction in partnership with various stakeholders in the UK Team. As an Associate, you are a well-rounded top performer that can complete key tasks under time pressure and critically assess the nature of a business and their requirements.
• Client Acquisition; capturing and vetting direct referrals to the team, articulates SVB value proposition to successfully win new business opportunities, builds and nurtures relationships with prospects and new clients, leads and ensures accurate and timely onboarding. Ensure promotion of the breadth and depth of the SVB Platform beyond Early Stage Banking.
• Complete research and identify potential new clients through review of technology press and industry databases. Identify acceptable technology prospects.
• Portfolio Management; builds and maintains relationships with existing clients. Partakes in pro-active client contact to ensure that the company is extremely satisfied with SVB, identify/qualify cross selling opportunities and follow-up on these. Connects portfolio actively to events, resources and seeks scalable ways to add value beyond ‘banking’ to the Early Stage client base.
• Business Development; attends relevant internal and external industry events to network, build knowledge and relationships. Support / organize events focused on the Early-stage ecosystem and out partners to add value. Actively seeks out and meets with referral sources (such as Accelerators and Seed Funds) to build and maintain relationships. Promotes the team's goals and initiatives internally and externally to ensure client quality from all sources and understanding of the team's objectives.
• Tracking and Monitoring; collects relevant data about each new client/prospect, reports in a timely and accurate manner, understands client base to monitor for portfolio reviews, transfers, funding timing, debt opportunities. Maintains information in CRM systems to monitor sales efforts, client contact, escalation support, product campaigns,training activity and availability of sales materials and resources.
#LI-SW1Skills and Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
• Commercial banking, financial analysis, research or related experience.
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An interest in the technology sector and venture capital / private equity transactions.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB