Over the last three decades, SVB Financial Group has become one of the most respected names in the financial services industry. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Senior HR Business Partner. Reporting to a Human Resource Managing Director, the ideal candidate will integrate HR disciplines with the unique needs and challenges of their respective teams and will influence the strategies that ensure the success of our business. As a respected and highly productive partner, this person will be embedded in the line of business and will leverage independent thinking and organizational savvy to help drive their teams’ success. Our goal as an HR organization is to align with the needs of our business and act as a trusted advisor to develop and execute plans that optimize the talent and culture here at SVB and promote the continued success of our dynamic company.
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you will collaborate with your management team to integrate and distribute premiere compensation, benefits, learning and development, and staffing programs across the firm. Additionally, you will provide expertise in the areas of employee relations and organization development.
Employee Relations and Performance Management
Ensures the performance management process is effective and employee relations concerns are resolved. This individual will be a coach and adviser to his/her respective business units, a resource to employees, and a role model to all. Corporate advocacy will be obtained through ensuring consistent adherence to policies and programs with an effort to minimize company liability and exposure, and to enhance employee morale and effectiveness. Administers the performance review process and collaborates with managers and employees regarding performance to assist the Division in meeting performance goals. Counsels employees and management as required and ensures consistency and fairness in policy implementation. Under general supervision, responds to and investigates internal and external claims against SVB. Works with management to ensure employee needs are met in areas such as employee development, succession planning, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
Compensation and Benefits
Interfaces, facilitates and serve as advocates for their respective business units in matters of compensation and benefits as needed. Partners with compensation staff to create new positions and determine appropriate compensation structures to meet business needs. May counsel employees and managers with input of appropriate HR functional area.
New Hires/Terminations/Leaves of Absence
Ensures smooth transition for new hires and transfers for respective business units. Conducts exit interviews for terminating employees, reviews trends, and makes appropriate recommendations to management based on collected data and observations.
Uses the Workday system to provide local reporting as necessary.
Partners with Human Resources Managing Director to ensure consistency in HR programs and provides feedback on programs as appropriate. Provides organizational feedback to functional HR groups to ensure programs/policies are aligned with the company’s vision and values. Refers employee unemployment, disability, leave of absence and workers’ compensation claims to appropriate functional HR representatives and provides input as necessary. Refers issues of health, safety and ergonomic issues for client population to appropriate contacts at SVB. Engages in additional projects or initiatives as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
Learning & Development
Collaborates with the Learning & Organization Development (L&OD) function to address the changing needs of business units, intact teams and individual employees. Works with management on defining development needs and collaborates with L&OD on implementation of training and/or organization development interventions. May be asked to collaborate on or design course content and/or present, facilitate training.
Skills and Requirements:The ideal candidate will bring value and successfully represent Silicon Valley Bank through:
• Maintains a current level of professional knowledge.
• Maintains a professional network and key resource contacts.
• Responsible for personal growth and development.
• Communicates openly and honestly.
• Models professional behaviors.
• Performs all activities as outlined in this job description.
• Has good working relationship with management team and has earned its trust/respect.
• Has pro-actively worked with managers to resolve employee performance issues.
• Knows the employees and the organization “pulse” of assigned business units.
• Demonstrates strong collaborative skills with the ability to influence and have impact on key decisions by demonstrating deep subject matter expertise.
• Is viewed as HR expert within client organizations.
• Strong platform skills to be able to effectively facilitate OD initiatives and workshops
Internal: Interfaces with all levels within respective office and corporate managers as appropriate.
External: Interfaces with federal and state agencies as needed, legal counsel, candidates, and professional organizations.
• BS/BA preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business, Industrial Relations, or a related field is required. Directly related experience may be substituted. MBA/MS preferred.
• A minimum of ten years of professional Human Resource generalist experience is required.
• Excellent knowledge of compensation, benefits, employee relations, organization development, and training with expertise in at least two of these areas is required.
• Proficient knowledge of federal, state and local area employment laws is required.
• The following qualities, work experience and skills are key success factors for the Human Resources Business Partner position:
• Excellent business orientation and ability to understand business units’ specific product/service value proposition and can translate their HR needs within larger context of company success and profitability.
• Strong enthusiasm and commitment to the HR profession.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; friendly, tactful, good negotiator, ability to influence others.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive and perform in an ever-changing, fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in written work.
• Good working knowledge of HRIS systems – preferably Workday.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate and balance regional and corporate requirements and objectives.
• Superior conflict resolution skills.
• Proven ability to work with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
• Travel up to 20% of the time
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB