Silicon Valley Bank seeks an Operations Coordinator for its funds management business, SVB Capital (http://www.svb.com/svbcapital/). Silicon Valley Bank and its parent, SVB Financial Group (collectively “SVB”), provide diversified financial services to clients of all sizes and stages in the technology, life science, venture capital/private equity and premium wine industries. SVB Capital is the venture capital investment arm of SVB, which focuses on funds management. SVB Capital manages funds (primarily venture capital funds) on behalf of third party limited partners and SVB. The SVB Capital family of funds is comprised of $3 plus billion in funds of funds and direct venture funds.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will support two critical operational areas for SVB Capital: Investment Operations and SVB Connect. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible as one point of contact for all SVB Capital regulatory data on investments.
- Under guidance from SVB Capital, Finance, legal, compliance and regulatory reporting teams, analyze and compile SVB Capital investment data according to banking rules.
- Manage completion of the operational aspects of Fund of Fund and Direct Fund investments, including filing legal documents and investment checklists and deliverables.
- Manage operational matters and storage of legal documents associated with new funds formed.
- Working with SVB Capital’s third party administrator, prepare quarterly reports of investment details to corporate compliance and regulatory reporting teams.
- Respond to and coordinate with regulatory relations, Legal and compliance with respect to various examinations of SVB Capital.
- AML/BSA/OFAC tracking and reporting
- Dept. of Treasury Regulations analysis, tracking and reporting to regulatory reporting
SVB Connect / Fundraising Operations
- Sales support for building Family Offices and consultants LP network
o Meeting coordination / outreach, including direct client contact for scheduling
o Research related to prospecting for new consultant and family office relationships
o Materials preparation
o Diligence follow-ups
o Relationship tracking in database (key outcomes, deadlines and responsibility for next steps) and support of ongoing relationship building plan
- Support for tracking interactions, introductions and value proposition for SVB Connect
o Database entry of key outcomes and deadlines / responsibility of next steps
o Report generation of value add to LPs and GPs
- Support of value-add “tool kits” for LP and GPs in SVB connect program
o Creation of “market maps” and support in making the creation/updates of these a scalable process (likely database management and automated content creation)
o Maintenance and gatekeeper to sample data rooms and sample pitch decks
- Marketing support for SVB connect program including event coordination
#LI-TR1Skills and Requirements:Our ideal candidate:
- At least 5 years of experience in an operational support or specialized administrative function
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Strong time management skills, i.e., comfortable with balancing and tracking multiple time-sensitive projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently gather and appropriately synthesize complex data
- Hyper organized with strong attention to detail
- Inclusive, transparent approach to work and communications
- Inclination to find efficiencies and improve processes for the team
- Discretion and sound judgment to handle sensitive/confidential information
- Expert in MS Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB