This position will be responsible for:
• Support structuring, distributing, and administering agented loan transactions in order to streamline the syndication process and generate fee income.
• Evaluating new customer relationships to determine SVB’s ability to lead transactions and manage overall underwriting/market risk.
• Providing market analysis & underwriting risk commentary on structure and pricing to relationship teams and credit risk teams.
• Support selective loan participations.
• Meet with current and prospective customers to discuss loan syndication opportunities and strategy.
• Managing and administering the bank agency role on existing loan transactions. Ensures all agency duties are performed including communication and document distribution.
Essential Job Duties:
• Support senior leaders in the negotiation of large, syndicated loan transactions in conjunction with the relationship management teams. Make recommendations on terms and conditions in order to win the business and execute a successful syndication.
• Manage inter-Bank relationships, including legal documentation (participation and/or intercreditor agreements).
• Create deal memos / deal books for lead-bank transactions. Manage transaction sites and information flow to participant banks.
• Support the management of existing agented transactions to ensure all Lead Bank duties are fulfilled and customer experience is exceptional.
• Support calling on other banks to determine deal interest and supply/demand in the marketplace. Decide on best banks to execute with based on prior experience, market knowledge and analysis of counterparty risk.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies
• Play integral role in the mentorship and training of junior team members to help ensure cross training and strong long term platform build out.
Skills and Requirements:Ideal candidate profile:
Strategic Thinking Skills:
•Innovative; handles complexity and issues quickly.
•Highly organized and able to multi-task in an environment of change.
•Understands business issues and the ability to translate into effective action.
•Ability to make key recommendations and decisions.
•Places the team before self.
•Ability to interact with members of senior management, executives and other staff members in a positive manner.
•Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proven presentation skills.
•Develops strong and effective relationships with all areas across the organization.
•Ability to influence others and win support on critical issues.
•Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
•Strong analytical skills.
•Excellent computer skills.
10+ years of related experience.
Advanced knowledge of bank operations and products.
Strong negotiation and marketing skills.
Good closing skills.
Expertise in risk assessment and managing deteriorating accounts pro-actively.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB