As a member of our Structured Finance team, you will manage key aspects of lending/credit for a wide range of credit relationships. You will lead the due diligence process, recommend deal structures to meet client needs and partner with our Relationship Team for the delivery and negotiation of the solution. You will complete the underwriting, approval and closing process, and respond to client needs pertaining to the management and administration of the lending solution. You will be responsible for active portfolio management, including review of information, engaging with the client to remain well-informed, communicating with key partners and responding to changing circumstances appropriately balancing client and SVB needs. You will develop and deliver insights on loan types and credit/performance trends in sectors/sub-sectors.
Job Skill Level
• Provides guidance and oversight or actively engages in structuring, underwriting and closing of new business as well as on proactive portfolio management.
• Engages actively with partners in Relationship Banking, Credit Administration and others to ensure alignment of approach.
• Fosters seamless collaborative working relationships across vertical and horizontal teams.
• Leads a team of Vice Presidents and Associates responsible for managing all aspects of lending/credit for a wide range of client relationships. Sets goals and manages workload of the team. Responsible for developing skills and expertise of team. Recruits and interviews staff. Makes hiring recommendations.
• Highly skilled at structuring, negotiating, closing and handling the most complex financing solutions to meet client needs.
• Exercises judgment and authority prudently and with proper balance for the best interests of the clients and SVB.
• Ensures alignment of cross-functional teams to deliver for the client while maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with one another.
Skills and Requirements:Primary Duties:
•Leads the sector's (and/or loan type) due diligence process, engages with clients and colleagues on structuring and negotiating term sheets, leads underwriting and closing of deals (new and renewals) for clients and prospects.
•Reviews, executes or modifies team recommendations across the portfolio of borrowing relationships. Reviews information and engages with clients (as appropriate) to remain informed and to execute on solutions to client needs throughout the life cycle of the loan.
•Manages a team of VP's and Associates, providing oversight and guidance on structuring, underwriting, closing and portfolio management and managing workload for group/sector. This includes driving skills and career development for individuals as well development and delivery on performance / scalability initiatives.
•Leadership role in building and maintaining strong alignment amongst Relationship Banking, Structured Finance and Credit Administration for approaches to sectors and loan types. Works with group head to support broader team effectiveness.
•Subject matter expertise within the team guiding and challenging the team thru the innovation of loan type, business model analytics, and sector focused insights.
•7+ years of related experience.
•Skilled leader, communicator, expert at credit and ability to negotiate and close business.
•Skilled at proactively running large and complex portfolio of borrowing relationships.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB