Make Next Happen Now.
Silicon Valley Bank serves many of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. We need technology experts with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to create a truly seamless banking experience on a global scale.
This position reports to the Head of Global Digital Banking.
• Deliver capabilities around distinctive banking customer experience and product integration/enhancements through Web and Mobile Channels technology.
• Build and sustain an outstanding and highly talented technology team in an agile and continuous delivery environment.
• Build meaningful and sustainable relationships with business teams across client segment managers, product, and sales and service support managers and other technology partners to optimize Web and Mobile Channels.
• Ensuring successful execution of technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standard by efficient collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other teams.
• Handle the core responsibilities of this position, including stability and security of the platform
Essential Job Functions:
• Assumes the leadership role in the development, implementation and support of digital capabilities for the Web and Mobile Channels that would afford a differentiated and integrated cross-channel experience for clients.
• Fully accountable for digital technology execution to business objectives, technology SLAs and financial metrics including budget, talent, cost, and risk management.
• Supports in building compelling multi-year road-map for the expansion and investment in the channel. Ownership for the technology roadmap for the systems.
• Partners closely with Business leaders across Product Management, Client Experience, Channel Management , Process, Project and Program management, Infrastructure, and Operations in aligning and prioritizing investment and execution priorities.
• Build, Lead and retain a high performing mission critical technology teams which delivers a digital channel technology platform for SVB's banking clients
• Develops a digital technology Center of Excellence for the bank
• Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling company to attain business goals.
• Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services.
• Maintains a clear command of competitive capabilities, as well as a clear command of existing and emerging technologies and vendor capabilities
• Responsible for planning and leading technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross functional teams.
• Owning and managing the stability, availability and performance for your applications/systems.Skills and Requirements:• Strong thought leader -- ability to think strategically while executing large-scale, multifaceted initiatives.
• Overall 15+ years of experience in product development or high volume banking/payments applications.
• Successful track record of developing online and mobile payment/banking platforms.
• Experience leading multi-year, multi-million dollar (technology) projects
• Executive-level presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence a large cross-site servicing constituency.
• Proven ability to execute the tactics necessary to deliver business objectives.
• Possess overall business, technical, and cross-functional savvy to solve complex problems and make timely decisions; ability to understand key financial and performance metrics.
• Proven experience leading cross-functional teams and organizational initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to promote and protect Key Values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and adapt to client and partner needs and expectations.
• Demonstrated success with technical subject matter and the ability to translate material into explicable concepts.
• Negotiate and manage critical vendor relationships to maximize value and timeliness of external innovations
• Previous electronic banking, website and Mobile management experience in the financial services industry.
• Expertise in architecture & development application and platform components based on a microservices or services oriented architecture.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, TDD, pair programming, continuous integration/delivery, and agile test automation practices
• Experience with agile team tools such as Jira, Rally or Version One.
• Experience and ability to manage geographically distributed teams
• Experience installing and integrating complex systems
• Familiarity with the technology operations aspects of banking products and services
• Exposure to financial industry regulations and relevant IT practices.
• MS in Computer Science degree or related discipline
• Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB