The Senior Manager, UK Financial Crime will be responsible for the day to day delivery of all financial crime and fraud prevention related activities conducted by the firm to prevent it from risk, loss and reputational damage. .
The role holder will report to and work with the Director, UK Financial Crime to develop UK processes, procedures and policies relating to financial crime and fraud prevention for the UK Branch and SVBFG’s existing UK subsidiary (with EEA passport), and over time, any expansion into Europe. They may also assist with financial crime and fraud related activities for our offices in Israel.
Key responsibilities will include providing guidance and direction to the business to ensure the business remains protected. Success within the role will ensure that both Silicon Valley Bank’s UK Branch and SVB Financial Group UK Limited comply with all applicable regulations and guidelines in relation to financial crime and fraud.
The role will require strong relationship, influencing and decision making skills, the individual will lead on the management of the UK Branch AML, CTF & Fraud programme to ensure strong controls are in place to safeguard the business.
The role holder will be a Senior Manager within the UK branch and be expected to work independently, albeit in close collaboration and full coordination with the US and UK. They will be expected to work on both strategy and day to day issues that arise.
They will need to be able to work on highly confidential and sensitive matters, exercising good judgement in the execution of their role and putting the needs of the business first. The role holder will also be expected to provide leadership and to “cast the right shadow” within the wider business, including acting as a liaison point into the various AML/CTF/Fraud points within SVB in the US.
• Accountability for the day to day compliance of the AML, Counter Terrorism and Fraud programme
• Managing, monitoring performance and refining AML, Counter Terrorism and Fraud systems used to meet key performance indicators
• Supporting both local and global organisational project initiatives to ensure adequate controls and risk mitigation strategies are sufficient to prevent exposure to the firm, both financially and reputationally
• Building, developing and maintaining strong external tactical relationships with industry and law enforcement
• Assessment of client risk ratings
• Delivering training, awareness and education materials in relation to financial crime and fraud to support staff understanding how they can meet the needs of clients and protect the firm
• Be a subject matter expert to coach those within the team and support the business with advice and guidance
• Review and enhance financial crime and fraud procedures
• Lead and investigate complex financial crime and fraud related issues
• Maintaining current industry awareness and assessment of impact to the firm of legislative change
• Escalation of issues for review and resolution
• Technical development of a small team of people in relation financial crime and fraud
Skills and Requirements:Required:
• A degree or equivalent work experience is required
• Strong knowledge of financial crime and fraud legislation
• Strong judgement and critical thinking skills
• Ability to synthesize complex information effectively
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work independently and challenge effectively
• Strong prioritisation and workflow management skills
• Relationship building
• An emphasis on achieving the organisation’s goals, versus individual achievement;
• An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
• A focused and results driven mindset.
© 2015 SVB Financial Group ®
Member Federal Reserve System · Member FDIC · Member Nasdaq: SIVB