Area and Site: Carlstadt-NJ Philadelphia-PA Thornton-CO
Title: Senior Engineer - Compute
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Thornton-CO, Philadelphia-PA, or Carlstadt-NJ
About the Position:
Our team includes Systems Engineers that provide technical expertise for small to large complex customer environments. They act as technical subject matter experts for complex customer environments. We build customer relationships to understand unique customer needs and provide technical expertise and a comprehensive understanding of customer environments. Our Team is a key driver of increased customer satisfaction and opens the door to new business opportunities.
- Planning, Design, Implementation, Administration of Windows 20012/2016 environments.
- Planning, Design, Upgrade, Implementation, Administration of VMware 6.x environments.
- Technical Planning based on customer requirements.
- Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current process and exercise judgment in the decision-making process to provide consistent customer service.
- Participate in Sungard AS’s Change Control Board to ensure product standardization and adherence to SunGard’s policies and procedures.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor for operational support staff. Communicate the customer’s needs and expectations to internal SunGard teams, assist in architecting solutions, documenting complex procedures and planning maintenance activities.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- 8+ years’ related experience with minimum of 6 years administrating and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment on both Windows and VMware platforms.
- Sound knowledge of Windows and VMware HA environments including MS Clustering, VMware HA/DRS/SRM.
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies and providers.
- Strong experience with SAN to Server connectivity including within NetApp and EMC platforms.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in Microsoft Windows and VMware environment.
- Must be highly skilled and proficient in problem solving and able to follow a systematic troubleshooting approach—very strong troubleshooting skills required.
- Ability to solve highly complex problems spanning multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Demonstrate leadership and foster collaborative team approach and interacts well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice on systems related topics.
- World-class customer service skills.
- Methodical approach to change execution and implementation.
- Demonstrated history of developing documentation and operational process.
- Service oriented approach, with the ability to focus on and deliver assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to continue education and maintain industry certifications, as applicable.
- Ability to work the assigned shift, including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Excellent communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Experience with implementation / deployment of cloud based solutions.
- Experienced with NetApp, EMC, and Hitachi Storage Solutions.
- PowerShell and PowerCLI scripting.
- Experience with ISO 2001, ITIL, TQM or other Industry Standard process management methodologies.
- Certifications required: MCSE Server Infrastructure, VCP.
- AWS Technical certifications desired.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.