Title: Lead Analyst - Financial
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK - Theale
Reporting to Head of Financial Planning Europe & India, The Lead Analyst – Financial will act as #2 and provide critical financial and business analysis including budgets, forecasts, performance against budgets and KPI’s. The role will also cover Business Partner Responsibilities for complex global functions by providing financial guidance and support to help them achieve budget targets and drive appropriate growth or savings initiatives to improve Go forward performance
- Act as Financial Business Partner providing financial advice and support to the Sales, Operations and Product Management /Development Business Units.
- Establish strong working relationship with business leads and meet regularly to ensure understanding of financial performance.
- Develop a globally consistent product profitability package for quarterly distribution.
- Prepare and publish KPI’s for the above areas such as data center capacity metrics.
- Improve Asset Utilization and Return on Investment through timely analytics, Investment appraisals and asset utilization metrics.
- Recognize emerging lead indicators and develop relevant reports and analyses.
- Develop business cases that allow for robust appraisal of new business opportunities, incorporating all aspects of reward, risk, probability of success, finances, and market dynamics, providing recommendations of action to business owners.
- Develop a ‘global mindset’ across FP&A team by embracing diversity across different countries and cultures with a propensity and ability to see common patterns across countries and markets.
- Provide support to Head of FP&A Europe and India as required.
- Provide Support and Guidance to Financial Analysts, so that they are proficient in core FP&A capabilities.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Financial qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW) or MBA. Essential.
- Advanced Excel, including use of macros, pivot tables, database functions, advanced functions and nesting functions within functions. Essential.
- Experience of Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. Essential.
- Knowledge and experience of all relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance areas with which we must comply. Essential.
- Experience of Cognos/Hyperion or similar consolidation software. Essential.
- Excellent analytical skills Essential.
- A questioning but supportive approach with an insightful mind. Essential.
- Detailed and accurate. Essential.
- Commercially aware and astute. Essential.
- A good communicator able to interpret financial performance and provide meaningful and incisive guidance to non-financial people. Essential.
- Able to present financial information that captures attention and drives the desired behavior. Essential.
- Full UK driving license. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.