Title: Vice President - Strategic Sales
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne-PA or Other Sungard AS Office Location
About the Position:
The Vice President – Strategic Sales, North America will be the senior-most sales leader in their resident geographic region. They will work closely with both the Regional SVP (to whom they will report) and the SVP of North America Sales to select and drive key new business opportunities to closure. Additionally, though primarily focused on the region in which they are based, they will occasionally flex their focus to other regional opportunities as required. They will drive and close sales at new and existing customers, working collaboratively with the Sales Team and the Managed Services organization.
- Work with Marketing and Regional Vice Presidents to identify target accounts, develop account strategy, and drive the sales of new services into new logo and existing customers.
- Serve as field trainer and deal leader when paired with less seasoned Account Executives.
- Serve as coach and mentor for key opportunities lead by senior Account Executives.
- Identify, assemble and lead cross-functional pursuit teams for key opportunities utilizing all aspects of company resources.
- Develop and manage close plans for key deals achieving >75% success on designated opportunities.
- Identify, contact, qualify and develop viable new accounts, leading all aspects of the sales cycle from account planning and lead generation through proposal development, negotiations and sales close.
- Identify business needs of customers / prospects and demonstrate value that Sungard AS can bring to address those needs.
- Position / present Sungard Availability Services capabilities, services and methodologies to prospective customers.
- Leverage existing sales processes, clients and relationships.
- Follow up on early leads and develop strong relationships with the Sales team in order to build and continuously maintain the sales pipeline, backlog, and forecast.
- Establish, develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the target accounts.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of all Sungard Availability Services offerings and how they address individual customer situations.
- Programmatic support of sales enablement, sales pipeline management and feedback into the product team.
- Attend industry events in order to network with relevant stakeholders, gain industry insight and represent Sungard AS in the marketplace.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- College Degree preferred (Business and Technology related preferred) but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Proven track record of successful solutions-oriented sales; minimum of 4 years of successful sales experience within a large technical account environment: previous proven expertise in managed services, high availability solutions, telecom, and hardware/software solution sales highly preferred.
- A team player who can demonstrate prior success within a highly collaborative, team-oriented process within a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., must be able to analyze unique customer environment and recommend appropriate information availability solutions and ROI).
- Superior verbal, presentation and written communications skills, strong leadership qualities, and team-oriented business values are essential.
- Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point).
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.