Title: Client Services Principal
Job Type: Permanent
The Client Services Principal is a lead technical customer management position working on Sungard Availability Services’ (SgAS) large, complex accounts. This role directs the design, implementation and lifecycle management of SgAS solutions, leading a support team comprised of subject matter experts from multiple platforms, operating systems, storage and network technologies. As a trusted advisor, this role provides strategic business and technology support/counsel to customers across both their production and recovery environments.
The Client Services Principal will be responsible for relationship development and management across key internal and customer stakeholders and executives to help translate their business needs into action.
- Document and understand the customer’s current, future / desired state, business goals and challenges, capabilities and IT investments.
- Based on this understanding provide technical and strategic direction from initial solution design to steady-state, based on industry and SgAS best practices.
- Serve as the single point of ownership for technology solutions and coordinate resources globally to optimize customer and SgAS value.
- Implement and manage effective governance practices and procedures across contracted scope of responsibilities.
- Develop highly productive customer relationships and become a Trusted Advisor by providing thought leadership to help shape and grow our value to the customer.
- Direct lifecycle management (LCM) activities to maintain up to date technical documentation, including production & recovery configurations, application dependency maps, run books, patching schedules, overall solution architecture document, recovery strategies / plans and contract changes.
- Develop recovery strategies to meet customer RTO/RPO and conduct periodic testing to document recoverability.
- Manage service / relationship risk areas and takes steps to mitigate.
- Contribute to securing renewals for expiring contracts by documenting and articulating our value to the customer.
- Exceed SLA targets by driving service management disciplines around incident, change, and problem management.
- Develop content and effectively lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and other strategic client meetings requested by the customer.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Degree level qualification of equivalent industry experience. Desirable.
- Technology certifications preferred, such as MCSE, CCIE, RHCE, VCP, CCDP, ITILv3, etc. Desirable.
- Extensive professional IT experience with demonstrated experience related to Enterprise Architecture / Engineering within complex environments. Essential.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Design and Solutions. Essential.
- Well-rounded knowledge of and experience in multiple operating systems to understand complex customer environments and provide both excellent service and guidance. Essential.
- Windows Server.
- Virtualization; including VMWare & HyperV.
- Networking; including routing, security, and firewalls.
- Storage & backup services/administration.
- Database; Understanding of data models and data flows in complex multitier database and application environments.
- Familiarity with automated discovery and CMDB. Desirable.
- Working understanding of ITIL and Service Management. Essential.
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow a plus. Desirable.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Essential.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word & PowerPoint. Desirable.
- Excellent written skills to produce technical architecture documents. Essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills. Essential.
- Not afraid to recommend solutions and services to customer (increase MRR). Essential.
- Ability to take a leading role in managing customer relationships. Essential.
- Ability to effectively and calmly lead internal and customer technical staff through crisis events and escalations. Essential.
- Willing to work flexibly. Essential.
- Willing to travel. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.