Title: Regional Sales Account Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Thornton-CO, Wayne PA, Houston TX or Other Sungard AS Office Location
The Sales Account Manager will work with Account Executives and focus on customer retention, revenue growth, customer experience, and innovative solutions to complex business problems. This position will work with the Director of Accounts to develop and implement solutions to address both internal and external problems that impact customers. Sales Account Managers will function as a partner and liaison between Sales and Sungard AS's various business departments to deliver quality solutions to meet goals and achieve successful outcomes for our customers. This role will report to the Director of Accounts for North America Sales.
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building.
- Research and communicate new solutions for improving retention and customer experience.
- Assist and develop both internal and external presentations to articulate improvement strategies.
- Strategize on innovative ideas with partners, vendors, and others within the company.
- Establish, develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the target accounts.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of all Sungard Availability Services offerings and how they address individual customer situations.
- Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations for both internal and external audiences or potential partners/clients.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements against internal and industry benchmarks.
- Think critically and solve problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and drivers.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field preferred. Or, equivalent work experience in a consultancy, IT or project management role.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related IT and/or consulting work experience managing complex IT programs in medium to large size matrix corporate environments preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM tools.
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, charts, graphs, etc.).
- Background in Sales, Pre-Sales or Consulting is beneficial.
- Travel required for client engagements, leadership meetings, etc.
- Must be able to work across multiple time zones on a regular basis, as well as have sensitivities to regional cultures and ways of working.
- Must be able to work independently without day to day direct oversight.
- Frequently on phone calls/conference calls requiring phone/head set/or Skype use as preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, reach, bend throughout the course of the work day.
- Ability to work on computers including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse throughout the work day.
- Based on client or leadership meetings, flexible work schedule may be necessary.
- Strong team player with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate technical language to a non-technical audience.
- Solid business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.