Title: Director - Client Services
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK - London Technology Centre
The Director - Client Services serves as the overall leader for Sungard Availability Services (AS) for individually named Strategic Account(s).
The role will oversee the entire range of products and services delivered to assigned customer, managing account P&L, leading the customer account planning cycle, driving sales revenue and ensuring assigned customer needs and expectations are met by Sungard AS.
The role will maintain and expand relationships, is responsible for overall service execution, achieving Customer Satisfaction targets, sales/growth targets, profitability targets and meeting other assigned strategic account objectives.
The role is accountable for the management of all aspects of the Operational service delivery and relationship between Sungard AS and its large contracted and strategic customers.
The role holder will act in conjunction with the assigned Service Delivery Manager and Sungard AS Technical and support functions, managing all service related issues, changes, incidents and escalations through to resolution while ensuring a high standard of service attainment and Customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained at all times.
- Provides leadership to the entire cross-functional Sungard AS team to ensure Sungard AS and Customer mutually successful outcomes.
- Profit and loss ownership for assigned customer accounts.
- Establishes and maintains productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Directs involvement of Sungard AS personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet customer support requirements, service performance objectives, and customer’s overall expectations.
- Coordinates Sungard AS Executive team with customer’s leadership.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales/account growth and strategic objectives in assigned strategic account.
- Achieves assigned renewal quota in assigned strategic account.
- Achieves strategic account objectives as defined by Sungard AS leadership.
- Leads an account aligned, cross-functional team (possibly involving dedicated resources but more likely a virtual team) to achieve strategic objectives for the account.
- Owning and being accountable for all Customer related issues, changes and incidents to resolution.
- Successfully negotiates contract or SLA change to mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Delivers regular senior-level reporting to both Customer and Sungard AS teams and at all times maintains close understanding of current status.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Good first degree or equivalent. Desirable.
- Understanding of relevant industry audit and/or compliance standards (ITIL V3, ISO, PCI, etc.). Essential.
- Extensive experience in enterprise account management and/or strategic selling. Essential.
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise IT Services, Outsourcing, and/or SaaS Industry, in an ongoing services role. Essential.
- Extensive experience in managing complex solutions and relationships. Essential.
- Experience in various management roles inside highly technical organizations. Essential.
- Extensive experience with IT service execution and operational best practices. Essential.
- Strong experience in outsourcing, service contracting and Service Level Agreements. Essential.
- Working understanding of relevant technologies – Cloud, Networking, Security, Database, SAN, etc.. Essential.
- Proven Business Acumen. Essential.
- Ability to set budgets, expectations and deliver results. Essential.
- Ability to manage P&L to a desired outcome. Essential.
- Understands how to break down complex problems and identifies actionable solutions. Essential.
- Ability to develop/execute long term strategic account plans. Essential.
- Ability to deal with highly stressful situations in a calm manner. Essential.
- Strong leadership skills. Essential.
- Excellent team player with focus on client satisfaction. Essential.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills. Essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with C level executives with customers and within Sungard AS. Essential.
- Ability to successful operate and lead in a matrix environment. Essential.
- Demonstrated Selling and Negotiation skills. Essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Essential.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and enforce complex contracts. Essential.
- Ability to listen, define complex business problems and identify possible solution fit. Essential.
- An excellent mediator of both internal/ external conflicts and possesses strong conflict resolution skills. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.