Title: Senior Vice President - Enterprise Sales
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wood Dale, IL or Other Sungard AS Office Location
The Senior Vice President - Enterprise Sales is a strategic leader in the Sungard Availability Services Sales organization responsible for the enhancement and management of a word-class sales territory.
The SVP will operate with a “pipeline mentality” to encourage transparency and visibility in the organization and will utilize a standardized set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance and ensure attainment of target revenues and other Sales goals.
- Managing the Enterprise Sales team and attaining the growth quota targets through a metric based, KPI measured management discipline. Ensuring 100% utilization and adoption of the CRM system across the entire team);
- Defining, developing, and aligning Marketing programs with Customer Segmentation / Marketing Leads;
- Setting the strategy, providing direction, and aligning resources for key deals;
- Participating in crucial customer meetings / pitches;
- Creating and implementing team quotas / targets, monitoring / managing team pipeline of opportunities, and developing plans to ensure adequate pipeline multiples;
- Overseeing deal roadmap; representing the Enterprise Sales Team on monthly calls with Sales leadership; preparing bi-weekly forecast of leads opportunities for delivery to key stakeholders;
- Actively managing the measurement and performance of all teams to achieve organizational objectives against key performance targets / indicators; conducting quarterly reviews of achievement and mid-year / annual reviews of performance vs. targets;
- Recruiting, hiring, and training of the Enterprise Sales Team, while simultaneously building a continuous improvement culture and providing mentorship and direction for Team Members and Managers.
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Educational Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree is required, and a graduate degree is preferred, with at least one degree in a technical field. A minor in Finance would be helpful.
- Professional Qualifications
- Proven history of setting the strategy for and accomplishing business objectives;
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience at both the strategic and operational / execution levels;
- Experience with personnel forecasting, hiring, training, and motivating;
- Ability to not only provide but actively interpret data, using said information to set strategies, and actively forecast results;
- Strong knowledge of Inside Sales trends, “best practices,” and repeatable processes that work effectively in a world-class sales environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive mentality, with the foresight to intervene and provide support to Sales personnel when needed.
- Prior experience in building, managing, and driving the transformation of a Sales Team in a heavily matrixed organization. He or she will be a strategic and analytical metrics-driven person who is a self-starter and has worked cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Senior Management in a world-class sales environment. Background working with Information Technology and Product Development is also key, as is experience “breaking new ground” within the sales domain.
- Aptitude / Disposition
- The SVP candidate will be a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and a history of resolve and successful accomplishment, which includes leading substantive culture change and creating a support structure. Previous leadership experience with the capacity to influence is important, as is experience with personnel hiring, mentoring, and training across a multitude of different sales-driven personalities. The ability to effectively communicate with peers, superiors, and reports both verbally and in written format is extremely important.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.