Title: Business Development Representative
Job Type: Permanent
The Existing Business Development Representative (EBDR) is a sales role designed to support the revenue generation within Existing clients, however with net new opportunities and contacts in a high-performance sales environment. We are seeking a professional that has a strong work ethic, high aptitude for technical sales and learning who is seeking opportunity for growth and expansion of sales responsibility. The EBDR will work closely with Existing Account Executives and their clients to engage within accounts via telephone, email, and social media to 1) increase key contact base 2) set up and assist in conducting target product demos 3) expand target product portfolios within the customer technical design teams 4) work with Existing AE to create new pipeline opportunities 5) pass qualified leads to the sales team. It is expected that this individual will leverage all accessible tools, resources and support structure provided to meet and exceed all KPIs and target revenue sales quota. This position provides an opportunity to sell leading edge solutions for one of the premier organizations in the industry while providing opportunity for future growth and advancement.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Excellent communicator over all media.
- Ability to quickly understand related technology and be able to present SunGard AS value proposition within our technology profile.
- Conduct a structured daily contact plan within account base that will be tracked in detail via Sales Force.
- Work with Existing AE and VP to develop account by account target plan and be able to adjust through continuous electronic and verbal communication.
- Execute business development program as defined above.
- Maintain desired outbound selling activities to increase Market awareness.
- Utilize knowledge of Sungard Availability Services products and services to define entry points into prospect accounts.
- Work with Marketing and Product to be able to conduct on-line product demos.
- Research and gather information about target Accounts in support of Key account plans while building prospect database.
- Ensure all customer facing activity is recorded and maintained in Salesforce.com to provide the business with market data as well as pipeline growth.
Basic and Preferred Requirements:
- Related College Degree preferred.
- 1-3 year(s) of experience in a technology sales based environment preferred.
- Proven ability to analyze and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple functional organizations to serve customer needs and to support the Enterprise Sales Teams as required.
- Demonstration of key competencies: leadership, drive for results, dealing with ambiguity, customer orientation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services, and solutions and readily apply new knowledge is required.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information, and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.