Title: Specialist - Recovery
Job Type: Permanent
The team consists of multi-skilled technical analysts with Network, PC and Telephony disciplines. Fundamental to the role of Specialist - Recovery is to support customer’s Tests & Invocations, showing effective communication, technical competency and customer facing skills. The Specialist - Recovery is responsible for the day to day operations support provided to Sungard AS and its large range of customer base within the contracted sites across the UK. The role is based in the UK and there is on-call element.
- To provide support to Recovery Services Customers contracted to the Sungard AS Sites where they are based.
- To follow the testing lifecycle policy providing a constant testing service to the customers
- Support Invocations in and out of hours
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that the companies common goals are met.
- To keep WWSS Disaster Recovery Equipment inventory up to date and valid.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values
- Demonstrable commercial experience and proven track record. Essential.
- A relevant degree. Desirable.
- Knowledge of the IT Managed Services Marketplace. Essential.
- Previous experience of a client management database, ideally SalesForce.com. Essential.
- High level of commercial awareness – identifying opportunities, structuring a deal, negotiating and closing sales. Essential.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements. Essential.
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results against financial targets over an extended period of time. Essential.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and current events. Desirable.
- Strong communication and IT Fluency. Essential.
- Self-motivated. Essential.
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations. Essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, whilst remaining a team player. Essential.
- Ability to work in partnership with key contacts in other departments. Essential.
- Excellent time management and organization. Essential.
- Demonstrable presentation, communication, influencing and negotiating skills. Essential.
- The ability to forecast accurately and consistently. Essential.
- Must be able to learn the use of Sungard’s proprietary systems. Essential.
- Reliable and conscientious. Essential.
- Possess a valid UK Driving License. Essential.
- Flexibility with travel. Essential.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.